wildwood

Another M1 Licensed Rider via PSC

Well, it's official. I'm now a Pacific Safety Center trained M1 licensed rider. Turned in my DL 389 at the DMV yesterday and got my license. The training wheels are off, and it feels good to be fully functional.

It was a good course, especially for noobs. It was a little too basic at times for me, but a few other riders in the course really needed that level of guidance. I will say I did learn street riding techniques that will serve me well. It was worth the price of admission.

A BIG thumbs up to the Pacific Safety Center team.

-BobĀ³

You are now on your way. If you have the time take the advanced course, you use your own bike in this class and they take you through all kinds procedures and emergency stops, and controlled skids. At the end of the class you really know how your bike handles.

Congrats....it's good training....I think anyone under 21 also is now required to take that before they CAN get their license...Good idea...

there are too many reckless motorcycle riders out there.....that give us a bad name....I like the portions of that course that teach you to be DEFENSIVE....expect drivers to NOT see you, etc etc......it can be MADNESS out there on the pavement..I also made my son take it, before he could ride on the street....

Darn Wildwood, I went to his house yesterday and he is out riding that darn motorcycle. Licensed ! Yeehaw!

Congrats....it's good training....I think anyone under 21 also is now required to take that before they CAN get their license...Good idea...

there are too many reckless motorcycle riders out there.....that give us a bad name....I like the portions of that course that teach you to be DEFENSIVE....expect drivers to NOT see you, etc etc......it can be MADNESS out there on the pavement..I also made my son take it, before he could ride on the street....

I agree 100% with dsfox. You need to not only ride DEFENSIVE, but OFFENSIVELY too. Be proactive and ASSUME NOBODY sees you. If I don't see the driver look at me AND notice me, I assume they're going to hit me. Stay out of drivers blind spots if able, be ready for them to change lanes into you as you pass. When stopped at a light I got rear ended by a car, so I always leave myself an escape route should the car coming up behind me not stop, and I watch them in my mirrors like a hawk.

I agree with all that. Riding a bike on the street is no joke. I've raced cars for years with a no fear attitude, and taken some hard crashes at speed in the process. I respect what bikes can do immensely. I feel like riding a bike on the street is at least as intense as racing at times. You really need to be on your game to be out there.

Thanks all for the well wishes. Happy Easter!