Sign in to follow this  
Chad

NO JOUSTING!

Thought I would share this vid as a reminder to keep aware of your surroundings when riding... This was about a month or so back during a morning ride at McCain/Lark. Sorry I'm not familiar enough with the area to tell you exactly where it was, but we were making a run up from the fence line that borders the south(?) edge of the OHV (fence borders a ranch, I believe).

We were headed up a narrow little run-off type wash when out of nowhere my roommate was abruptly unseated from his bike. Altho the tree remains were right down in the wash, I was tough to see the protruding branch that caught him. Luckily, he was wearing full upper body armor type protection, so plastic took the brunt of the blow. But it's easy to see where this could have been much, much worse. Even with the armor, he had a pretty serious bruise and some shoulder pain for a couple of days.

I apologize for the over use of slo-mo... Was still figuring out how to use the editing software, and we were getting a good laugh at watching him getting bounced in slo-mo.

Stay safe friends!

I caught the end of a tree limb at Corral Canyon a couple of years ago with my left hand. Caused an instant highside into a pile of rocks, gashed open a knuckle, bruised some fingers on my left hand and bruised a bone just below my right knee just outside of where my knee guard covered my leg.

Caught another one that was near the ground last year, also at Corral Canyon. It got the front of my left boot and nearly catapulted me off the bike. Luckily, I was not unseated or injured, but my Fox boot was literally torn almost completely in half, the lower part getting ripped loose from the upper.

After looking at your video, I had to go back and look at all the videos of me riding up that ravine, because I ride in it at least twice a month. I guess I just automatically skirt the dang tree. Looks like there's actually more than one that sticks out like that, too.

you shouldda seen it before it was broken off to where it is now...... it's just one of those standard trail challenges, Be safe out there guys.

PS dont hit that step with your bike in vert position, ride up the right side in your best fast flick bike layover position, a quick "scrub" type twist, and you will just flow right over that hit. body vert bike layed over. Thats a good little section for practice.. also ride over the blocking boulders before this spot, there are a few, its fun and good tech practice, it looks good on camera too!! cya on the trail. RN

PPS how many times did he need to hit that thing to learn not to......?

Happpened to me last sunday as well, in baja chasing bruce i took a blind right corner tight (always fearing oncoming traffic) and a root of some sort got my arm, bruised it and ripped my rig on the sleeve. Luckily the root got in between my mirror and my throttle grip (missing both somehow!) or it would have thrown me off at speed..

glad you re ok too!

Stay safe you all

After looking at your video, I had to go back and look at all the videos of me riding up that ravine, because I ride in it at least twice a month. I guess I just automatically skirt the dang tree. Looks like there's actually more than one that sticks out like that, too.

Yeah... Probably one of those instances where you'd see it 99% of the time, but there's that one time you just miss it. It was our first time up that ravine. Guaranteed he won't ever miss it again!!

PPS how many times did he need to hit that thing to learn not to......?

I told him to stop, but he was determined to get it right!! :heh:/>