Crazy Canadian

Who wants Pizza and Beer?

Hey guys, I promise this is the last time I will be asking for help here, but I need some help to get s lift from Harbor Freight in Mira Mesa and get it set up in my garage. As the lifts weigh 300+ lbs (HF will load with a forklift if it's going in a pick up, utility trailer or cargo van) and I am useless in the lifting department right now I am hoping a few guys might be able to stop by and help out. I will be providing Pizza and a fridge full of Beer. Hopefully it will also give me a chance to also get to know a few of you guys and not just trail behind you all on my little XT...

I live in Rancho Penasquitos (I15 & Hwy 56 area) and am totally open on timing, be it Saturday or Sunday, but my HF coupon expires on Sunday so I need to do it this week!

If they're putting it in a truck & the truck's coming to your place, I could run up there on my V-Strom to help unload.

PM me with the approx time, etc.

1363830727[/url]' post='147578']

If they're putting it in a truck & the truck's coming to your place, I could run up there on my V-Strom to help unload.

PM me with the approx time, etc.

Same here, well not on a V-Strom ...that would be embarrassing biggrin.gif

I'll come pick you up & you can just close your eyes. Nobody will see you. B)/> :dead:/> :ph34r:/> :party:/>

Oh, you meant your own V-Strom......:torch:/>

:king:/>

Thanks guys, I am picking it up at HF on Miramar at 9:30-10 so let's aim for 10:30. It should only take about an hour to unload and assemble, the girlfriend is picking up Pizza around noon and the beer fridge will is fully stocked.

Address PM'd to all shortly. Anyone else who cares to swing by, there will be more then enough pizza and beer.

1363835976[/url]' post='147587']

Oh, you meant your own V-Strom......torch.gif/>

Hehe actually I'm watching for a deal on one - I like em.

Thanks to Trophyhunter, Afry, couple guys from the Tiger 1050 forum and two buddies. My garage now looks like this.

IMG_20130324_081421_058.jpg

In this day and age I am utterly amazed that three guys I had never met before were willing to come to my house and put in a few hours of work to help me out. The motorcycling community never ceases to amaze me and I will most certainly pay it forward when I am healthy. In the mean time the beer fridge is always stocked for all those who car to stop by and talk crap or turn a wrench.

It was a sight to behold. Guys reading instructions, measuring stuff, sweeping the garage out...ya know - general mayhem. :torch:/>

Even the new toolbox didn't mock us!

Looks like a great place for a maintenance day....we haven't had one in too long..... :coolio:/>

Looks like a great place for a maintenance day....we haven't had one in too long..... :coolio:/>/>

I would have no objection to hosting one... I am puttering around with only one good arm at the moment so, you just can't expect too much work out of me.