so do I need to carry a tube in Barstow Cdaddy

Yes, Strega isn't going and I need someone to carry "my" stuff :king::heh:

FYI to all, "Riggah" and I are going to the BBTR Ridgecrest 250 the weekend of Feb 8-10: http://www.bigbeartrailriders.com/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=849383&item_id=260302

You ARE a member of the BBTR right??? :coolio: If not, you should be......same goes for the Orange County Dualies.....two solid dualsport clubs in addition to SDAR.....and they both put on fun club rides just as we have our own SDAR Desert Dash.

Always a fun event.....the BBTR boys usually toss in some nasty stuff.......last year's ridgeline single track in the Freemont range was epic goodness

Last year's report:

If it wasn't so close before the Desert Dash, I'd love to check it out.

If it wasn't so close before the Desert Dash, I'd love to check it out.

Maybe Strega and I will hold another "X-Plane Ride" out there some time B) .....lot's of interesting sites to check out :)

X-Plane report from a few years ago:

C Daddy

How would you rate this event on the Bullhead Scale?

C Daddy

How would you rate this event on the Bullhead Scale?

More sand.....some cool points of interest (Plane crash sites, Husky Monument, Whitehouse Saloon, etc.).....the hardways will include some rocky steps and some fun ridgeline single track in the Fremont range (similar to Bullhead ridgeline singletrack)......fun/nice group of folks (ride includes group BBTR lunch both days and dinner in Ridgecrest Sat evening).....check out last year's report/photos.....

From the BTR event webpage:

"There are easy and hard way trails so all skill level riders can enjoy this ride. The easy way will be 125 miles and the hard way will be 140 miles on Saturday. Gas and lunch will be 90 miles in Johannesburg. The easy way will be 100 miles and the hard way will be 115 miles on Sunday with gas and lunch in Johannesburg at about 30 miles out. Both routes will include a tour of the Rainbow Basin Scenic Area, a couple of military aircraft crash sites and ancient petroglyphs. The easy way will be sandy and rocky in some areas but not grueling like the hard way options, which will contain lots of enduro quality singletrack, steep hills, tight canyons, and ROCKS. The GPS tracks have nearly 500 points each so older GPS units that only take up to 250 points per track will be a problem. West Marine has the Garmin GPSMAP 78 on sale if you need a new GPS."

Good thing there's a local watering hole:

Picture.jpg

Bring me back a case!! :D

Bring me back a case!! :D

Leaving the truck in Barstow.......riding over to Ridgecrest tomorrow morning then back to Barstow on Sunday......

So CDaddy ain't carrying a case of beer on the back of the 350XCF-W :heh:

We'll slam a Labotomy Bock and/or a Red at the White House tomorrow :drinks::

Picture062.jpg

Saturday 0800 = Priceless crying_anim02.gif crying_anim02.gif

You Men have a cool ride

Saturday 1900hrs = drinks.gif