Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Thinking Thursday ABDSP

Thursday Jan 30 See Below

Trying to decide how bad this sore throat is and thinking a ride in the Dez will help it along.

Some friends are leaving town Thursday, so I need to ride to get over the loss. No rain this week.

Intermediate skills, Plate required, 80 miles, tools / tubes.

i like to think that i can manhandle the klr on dirt pretty good (or I'm "Really Trying Hard" like the status says) but have no dez/sand experience so far, and couldnt make BS's ride last sunday in Lark. yea, do feel free to tell me to go fly a kite :rolleyes:

Kato

Please, don't take me for an Of road snob. You are more than welcome to ride the route. I would be lying if I didn't say You Will Suffer. Ha,But I am quite willing to attend. We Always wait at turns, etc. If you are inspired, go for it! Be warned, these rides cause you to acquire a real dirt bike. Like I said, Not a snob.

sorry that's not what i meant at all, i just wouldn't want to be slowing anyone down.

was thinking about going there solo after missing the sunday ride but after doing some homework yesterday i came across a post that made me think twice about it. but then again i also found this one which really made me want to go.

will you be going through the tuff stuff (squeeze/diablo etc..)? how long do you plan on riding?

Kato, are you using the street tires still. Knobbies required for the deep sand.

Kato, are you using the street tires? Keep in mind, kaanobbies required for the deep sand.

Kato, are you using the street tires still. Knobbies required for the deep sand.

wekert and calnub hooked me up with some knobbies (606 rear, sr244 front), they have some life left in them and made a world of difference for me in Coral Canyon.

Let's Do Anza Borrego Desert State Park "North" Trail Parking at Buttes Pass, north of Hwy 78 toward the Slot Hiking area. Easy dirt road to this point.

Thursday Jan 30

Arrive not later than 0930, as we will probably be ready to depart at that time. Coffee at Julian Coffer House 0800. Plated Bikes, Mirrors just lke on the road!

https://maps.google....4ee399f1c15e6f8

This is an Intermediate Skills Ride requiring more than First Time Sand skills. We are "more than willing" to help introduce you to the Desert. We can dip your

toes and give you a bale-out point. As Beezzz states, you need knobbies to make an attempt. Come prepared to change a flat with your tube and tools. there

will be no gas or food for about 75 miles.

OMG I sound like an Attorney.

I am working on the "Perfect" 75 mile loop. Soft Drops, Rocky two track, Wide Open Washes. Rivers of Whoopy Sand. Big Vistas. Come One, Come All. No one

gets left alone in the Dez. Too Often, anyway.

P1010398_1000w-L.jpg

P1010413_1000w-L.jpg

i'll join you hopefully on another ride thanks, looks fun enjoy!

I will join you on this ride but don’t know if I will be early enough for coffee in Julian.

I'm in pending final confirmation I don't have to stop in at work tomorrow.

I'll meet you at the parking spot. Won't make the coffee stop in Julian.

No response from the boss, so I'm erring on the side of fun in the dez!!!

As always, Radios help move things along. 146.505

Inquires have been brought to my attention regarding our route. coolio.gif Ask someone who knows. People rarely have

destinations in mind, so I continually refine the loops to make the run All Good Stuff, No pavement. Possible points of interest:

San Gregorio Ridges north of the Air Ranch, Thimble Trail, Ella Wash, Basin W, Palo Verde and Fault W, Old Borrego Pole Line,

West Old Kane Rd., Goat Trail. My goal is to make 80 miles of great two track. So far I have only reached 70+, giving me

something to contemplate as I sleep. unsure.gif

What a kick-ass ride!

Perfect weather and WR as usual didn't let me down.

Great meeting and riding with you Dave, Brian, and Howard.

Thanks again for a great day.

Let's Do Anza Borrego Desert State Park "North" Trail Parking at Buttes Pass, north of Hwy 78 toward the Slot Hiking area. Easy dirt road to this point.

Thursday Jan 30

Arrive not later than 0930, as we will probably be ready to depart at that time. Coffee at Julian Coffer House 0800. Plated Bikes, Mirrors just lke on the road!

https://maps.google....4ee399f1c15e6f8

This is an Intermediate Skills Ride requiring more than First Time Sand skills. We are "more than willing" to help introduce you to the Desert. We can dip your

toes and give you a bale-out point. As Beezzz states, you need knobbies to make an attempt. Come prepared to change a flat with your tube and tools. there

will be no gas or food for about 75 miles.

OMG I sound like an Attorney.

I am working on the "Perfect" 75 mile loop. Soft Drops, Rocky two track, Wide Open Washes. Rivers of Whoopy Sand. Big Vistas. Come One, Come All. No one

gets left alone in the Dez. Too Often, anyway.

P1010398_1000w-L.jpg

P1010413_1000w-L.jpg

Looks Awesome, Looking to go out on some of those trails with you guys. I'm almost ready. Just wrapping up the paperwork