Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Wednesday Breakfast Ride Jan 16, 2013

NOAA tells a story of low 60s in the ABDSP for Wednesday. After breakfast, heading down Banner toward Arroyo Seco del Diablo and Upper Fish Creek.

I will post map latter, but down near Bow Willow Campground, east of Hwy.

Dave,

I would be in for this one, but riding without a seat is probably a bad idea. Hope to get it back from Seat Concepts next week, then I'm ready to play in the sand.

Ha! That is a lousy excuse. Don't you have a buddy with the same bike?

Dave,

I would be in for this one, but riding without a seat is probably a bad idea. Hope to get it back from Seat Concepts next week, then I'm ready to play in the sand.

I was thinking of ABDSP as well on wensday the 16th. I was gona start around Ocotillo and head north west. Maybe hook up in the middle and go explore .The temps look good warmin up time to ride. Bow Willow Camp I have yet to Check out! Cheers Brando :blink:/>/>

Always deciding North or South shiftyeyes_anim.gif

Recently there has been report that Arroyo Seco del Diable has been chopped up by winter rains. The Drop as well. Which makes a run up to Fish Cr interesting from Carrizo Cr. South.

Or a Buttes Pass Trailhead and run up Fault W to Ella, etc. Regardless, starting with egg sandwich and espresso at Julian Coffee and Tea, 0800. Mucho de Sand and rock two track, spare tube, tools,

snacks and water. No commercial stops on either route. 75- 80 miles, Plated bikes, all inside Anza Borrego Desert State Park.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=215825752600436916279.00047ee21db83c6d9737c&msa=0&ll=33.20652,-116.234322&spn=0.196772,0.363579&iwloc=0004964ee399f1c15e6f8

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=215825752600436916279.00047ee21db83c6d9737c&msa=0&ll=32.847866,-116.195183&spn=0.197574,0.363579&iwloc=00047ee22a8b8a7ca3f18

Brando,

We will make it work. I will see who, if anyone, drops in Tuesday.

Brando,

We will make it work. I will see who, if anyone, drops in Tuesday.

No worries Bagstr! I could do either north or south. I my thought was trying to avoid the frozen paved twisties up to Juian in the morning. But that could change. Im shure you know the park better then me. Im just trying to log more hours out their and explore. I love that place im pumped! :lol:

Brando,

Are you hauling or riding you bike down to the Dez?

I am interested in this ride if there isn’t tight rocky technical riding involved. However with your new bike that could be the type of riding you are looking for?

Meet when/where? Ride until when? I need to do some riding but have to go to work in the afternoon.

Brando,

Are you hauling or riding you bike down to the Dez?

Hauling my bike. Viva hitch reciver. Don't really know where to park for either north or south, but think I remember a few dirt lots off s2 :blush:

Meet when/where? Ride until when?

I have the same question. Very interested in this ride.

It sounds like Bagstr is meeting at 8 in julian and heading down to the dez for 80 to 85 mile loop. how long it takes i have no idea. I have no agenda . So I plan on a full day of riding. Hope that helps. :dirol:

Park Vehicles off easy road. Not later than 0930 arrival. I will stop at Julian Coffee for refreshment about 0800.

https://maps.google....4ee399f1c15e6f8

Hi Folks, sorry for delay, out running errands.

Let's do the Northern Route, which will be a variation on the Sandy Two Track and the Hard Rocky Two Track. You will have a bunch more fun if you are comfortable in the sand, as it can be deep in places.

The route is just a fun roll around the Anza Borrego Desert State Park. Plated Bikes Required, mirrors etc. 70-80 miles, no fuel stops. Bring spare tube, water and snacks. We will Not be searching out

dead-end goat trails. Those of you that have been out in this area with, note I will leave Out the sand river over to Inspiration Point, That is unless everyone is up for the challege. Otherwise, it will be north

up Fault W to Ella Arroyo Salada, down to Old Kane Rd.( westside ) via Old Borrego Rd. Finish via Goat Trail from East Butte.

Be careful where you park at the intersection of Buttes Pass and Buttes Canyon. Only park on established area just adjacent to roadway, not on any plant life. There is room.

P1010415_1000w-L.jpg

P1010413_1000w-L.jpg

I'd have to be knobbies in the dirt and rolling by 0800 in order to get any riding in and make it home in time for work. Maybe I'll just do some urban exploring on the 125 tomorrow. Have fun out there!

I'm in for this ride. Looks like it will be a beautiful day in the desert. Will meet you in Julian.

HAM Radios if you have them. 146.505

Ham radios that would be cool!! but dont got one. Ok I figured it out. I will meet you in Julian at 800 at coffe and tea.. on a red bike :party:/> My mind sometimes :wacko:/>/>/> but I figure a hour more riding. Any good parking in Julian :lol:/>/>/>

Bagstr good morning I'm at the coffe shop in Julian. I'm going to truck it down banner grade. It's frickn cool and I forgot my jacket! Don't think I would make it down banner with out freezing! Maybe try and park at the first spot you suggested off easy road. If you get this I'll wait unill. Oh you just pulled up