Sign in to follow this  
HotRod82

Yuma to Parker 2/9- 2/10

**** UPDATE!!!*** We are now going the weekend of 2/16!! We are doing a ride from Yuma to Parker the weekend of Feb. 9th. Head down to Yuma after work on Friday, either grab a room or camp at Squaw Lake. I believe Squaw is still $10 per day per VEHICLE. Squaw is a pretty secure place to leave vehicles as they have an onsite manager. No hookups but they do have decent restrooms. Hit the trail early Sat. AM , hopefully get to Parker early enough to hit the desert bar, then stay at Bluewater. Return to Yuma Sunday, do a little exploring along the way if we feel like it. The route is just shy of 200 miles each way, all dirt, intermediate pace and terrain. Slower riders are OK and welcome but probably not the best newb or novice ride. You need 125 mile fuel range, and you need to be conditioned for a 400 mile weekend. Lunch and fuel in Blythe. This is one of my favorite routes, has a little of everything.

A few of us led by Danrider did the ride from Yuma to Blythe on Saturday (pics to come). If I didn't have plans already set for the weekend of the 9th, I'd be jumping in on this ride. Awesome scenery, even saw some big horn sheep and wild donkeys along the way. I encourage anyone who can to do this ride if you get a chance. You will be whooped at the end, but what a ride. Have fun.

A few of us led by Danrider did the ride from Yuma to Blythe on Saturday (pics to come). If I didn't have plans already set for the weekend of the 9th, I'd be jumping in on this ride. Awesome scenery, even saw some big horn sheep and wild donkeys along the way. I encourage anyone who can to do this ride if you get a chance. You will be whooped at the end, but what a ride. Have fun.

Did you guys go up the AZ side of the river ? If you did, I'd like to see some GPS tracks. My normal route is on the CA side, would be nice to go up on the AZ side and back down the CA side....

PM me your email and I will try and send you the track I have. It was the AZ side heading up Red Cloud mine road. Starts easy and gets very interesting.

Did you guys go up the AZ side of the river ? If you did, I'd like to see some GPS tracks. My normal route is on the CA side, would be nice to go up on the AZ side and back down the CA side....

We need a repeat soon, can't believe I missed this!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

....you didn't miss it, we are going the weekend of Feb. 9th....join us!

....you didn't miss it, we are going the weekend of Feb. 9th....join us!

Duh!!! I need to learn how to read.

I'm in. I have room for 2 at my place in Yuma for the 8th. I have bunk beds in my shop. Double bottom, single top. First reply is first pic.

Could also fit 2 trucks with trailers in my driveway behind the gate if that helps.

Adam.

If I make this ride I can take us on the AZ side out to blythe or do blythe to yuma on the way back. I am trying to work it in with my job.

Great Adam....we are at 4 confirmed, with several maybes.

The change in date moves me to the definite maybe column. (from the completely unable one)

This ride is still on for the 16th....anyone sitting on the fence needs to get a room for the 16th in Parker NOW(!) Availability is getting slim because of some music festival in Havasu.

Wish I could go, but I have to take my wife to San Diego to visit her sick mother. That along with next week being Valentines, her birthday and our wedding anniversary, i don't think I would survive asking for another weekend to ride.

Ride went great. Went up the az side to parker then back to yuma on the ca side. Only bummer was the power company graded my favorite trail between Blythe and Parker. What was a challenging 3 hour 65 mile ride is now an easy 1.5 hour ride. No pics but we did shoot some video. Maybe Yuma Adam will post some up.