X-country-Rider

Anderson Truck Trail

Anderson truck trail, on the West End, is a major Mountain biking destination. Although it is occasionally ridden by dirt bikes they're definitely not a welcome sight out there. This trail is maintained and groomed by mountain bikers for their use. Now that I've probably alienated half of you meet me there at 9 o'clock tomorrow at the bridge and we will ride up the trail On our mountain bikes.

Anderson truck trail, on the West End, is a major Mountain biking destination. Although it is occasionally ridden by dirt bikes they're definitely not a welcome sight out there. This trail is maintained and groomed by mountain bikers for their use. Now that I've probably alienated half of you meet me there at 9 o'clock tomorrow at the bridge and we will ride up the trail On our mountain bikes.

So its legal for motorcycles thanks..

I have come across MTN bike riders on this trail and have stopped to talk to may of them - All good vibes so far - Pay attenetion as they haul the mail coming down - LOOK WAY AHEAD and pull over for them - I wouldnt even think of riding this on weekends - you can get an idea of how many people are out by the number of cars under bridge - tread lightly and dont hammer their jumps or cut corners- Im thinking of doing more of this at night with my new BD squadron LED.

As another Alpine local, I agree with Bill on all counts...even "it's legal" seems to be according to which Sheriff responds to the call (and the neighbors MAY call)

The top section has some very fun sections for bicycles (referred to as world cup) if you know where to look

As far as an adventure bike riding Anderson...why? It is barely wide enough, you can count on bicyclists out there and it takes about 15 minutes total if I remember correctly

Anyway- if you go anyway, be safe to you and others. The penalty for going off the trail towards the lake is bad enough on a bicycle- on a motorcycle, it would be terrible

To put it another way- when I lived in north park, I drove out to Alpine each Tuesday to ride my mountain bike on Anderson...I've lived here 8 years and have never bothered to ride a motorcycle there

im going close to 30mph on my downhill bike on some sections of this trail.... i've yet to see a motorcycle on the trail sametime as me. as i ride both, i don't care as long as we dont crash into each other. (personally i think it is the xc guys who would be pissy about it)

Good distinction- the XC guys get tweaked @ the downhill guys, who get tweaked @ the MC guys, who get tweaked @ the quads, who get tweaked @ the jeeps....and if we're all not careful, the greenies divide and conquer one group @ a time

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Find out what it means to me

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Take care, TCB

Oh (sock it to me, sock it to me,

sock it to me, sock it to me)

A little respect (sock it to me, sock it to me,

sock it to me, sock it to me)

Whoa, babe (just a little bit)

A little respect (just a little bit)

I get tired (just a little bit)

Keep on tryin' (just a little bit)

You're runnin' out of foolin' (just a little bit)

And I ain't lyin' (just a little bit)

(re, re, re, re) 'spect

Sorry, couldn't resist.

It's what it's about. ;)

was just joggin/walkin... this yesterday(with riley).

got passed by a honda xl with a plate on it..then i figured jogging is for the birds. my back agrees..

so im gonna go hit it after i get my bike off the stand...

if i see any downhillmtbikers i will pull to the right ...

my right ....doh.

D-i-r-t-b-i-k-e....(just a lil bit)..

We started riding the trail 10 or 15yrs ago. No stinking mountain bikers riding it then. Just kidding! Mountain bikers are our friends.

Been years since I have ridden it though.

its perfect for a big bike or trail bike...los of different turn off roads .. beautiful scenery all around over looking the lake... its a nice cruize .. lots of big weaving ruts from jeeps.no mntbikers but its obvious they like to ride here too..

and theres gas and burgers right down the street.. thats nice. i would like to come back here at night .

The trail I was talking about starts in Peutz valley road. It leads to Anderson truck trail.

You might know a different route.

A little earlier this year I came down Anderson TT trying to connect to Peutz Vly. It was a nasty eat your jeep deep rutted road to a now dead end. It looks like the guy who bought the property at the top of the pavement off Peutz Vly. Rd. double fenced the access out. It was a tough ride back out.

Rode out thru anderson tt down and all around ..saw the lake was real dry .dryest ive ever seen it.

Came past some shady trees .. saw a rolled white SUV down the cliff ... had to check out the Wall of BOFUS, it was shady there so i laid down and took a nap. . it was so quiet and peaceful...

On one side of the wall theres no cell reception, on the Peutz side there is.. i didnt go all the way to the road because i didnt want to hit aspbault ..but could clearly see it. Not sure if theres access or not.. i remember about a year or two ago my dual sport buddy pointed the exit out.. i got up from my snooze

and rode back up and around. Found some awesome hill climbs and practiced wheelies and stuff .

Im gonna go back and check out some of the other roads back in there when i get time.. that place has some old dirt trails . its neat to be so far out there and still be close to town...

I was so glad to have a plate on my bike just rippin round the fire road legally..

All- the TOP of ATT starts on Anderson Truck Trail off Victoria in Alpine (East Victoria loops into West Victoria). It's on the North side of the loop. Starts out paved, then a wide dirt road. At some point you veer left and the trail gets progressively tougher. Up near the top are two different sections of some great mountain bike trails.Down near the end of the main trail, a landowner built a large steel fence. You'll have to backtrack, and head up off the main trail, to bypass the fence...that will lead you to Peutz Valley Road which ends at Alpine Blvd.