TrophyHunter

The almost no Kato Otay ride......

Thx to Kato for posting up "I wanna go ride Otay, but looking for a lead" this morning. My day free'd up and a small group met at Thousand Trails/Pio Pico on Otay Lakes Rd. PMBowers, Beezzz, Eric and I headed up Otay Mtn.

All except Kato.. :coolio:/>/> He had carb trouble and would be either out - or late. Good to have a new to SDAR rider join us. Thx Eric for coming out. We eventually met up with Kato at Marron Valley Rd and he rode West with tthe group. Good meeting you, Kato...I owe you a ride lead. :king:/>/>

The obligatory "wow, that's an amazing view" pic.

DSCN0274_zpsdcbd1faa.jpg

Gaggle

DSCN0273_zpsbfa4d80a.jpg

We took the Ridge Road off of Otay TT and ended at this picturesque dead end.

DSCN0276_zps4eaed69d.jpg

Backtracked to what used to drop into Marron Valley. Now gated. We met another rider stopped for a break.

DSCN0275_zps7a22807d.jpg

Heading back on part of the ridge road. PMB doing justice with the big KTM. Eric was flawless on the 650L. Great to have another military person joining in.

DSCN0277_zps06a5ab47.jpg

Thx to all who showed & good meeting two "new to SDAR" riders. Hadn't seen Beezzz in a while and PMB in a week.....:king:/>/>

So this ride is the reason why my garage is still full of half-burned tires. Sorry I missed it, always enjoy a romp through otay, particularly on such a clear day.

I almost joined in on this ride, but spent the day welding patches over 50 year old VW rust holes with my son. He took his permit test on Thursday, but didn't pass because he answered the questions the way that a rider would instead of the way the book says to.

Next time, two of us hopefully will join the ride.

Great views on these trails, cool pictures.

sucks my carb decided to puke gas when it was time to go but im glad i got it fixed quicck enough to still be able to ride and by chance meet everyone too!

Thanks

So this ride is the reason why my garage is still full of half-burned tires. Sorry I missed it, always enjoy a romp through otay, particularly on such a clear day.

And because your garage is still full of half burned tires my front wheel was all over the place and i crashed today ahah. Or maybe i was just riding beyond my limits.

Sorry its taking me so long to come by.

And because your garage is still full of half burned tires my front wheel was all over the place and i crashed today ahah. Or maybe i was just riding beyond my limits.

Sorry its taking me so long to come by.

No worries, I wasn't home anyway. Just giving you a hard time.