Sign in to follow this  
isde97

UMC Enduro 20 JAN 2013

I have this penciled in with #2, double lined. I know there has been some sniffing around a timekeeper from some members (DAI), I like to believe I know what I am doing. Since they don't seperate classes, any SDAR folks could ride together on the same minute.

I have this penciled in with #2, double lined. I know there has been some sniffing around a timekeeper from some members (DAI), I like to believe I know what I am doing. Since they don't seperate classes, any SDAR folks could ride together on the same minute.

Matt, The WestChec series is what I want to focus on this year. My only issue is I am not a big fan of desert enduros or dez racing in general (this coming from a multi time Nat H&H racer).

I was looking at,picking and choosing the WestChec races that are more "woods" like.

Some exceptions are OK like probably I'll do the Gorman 2 day again, it was fun and mostly open but the wilderness section made the whole event worthwhile (even with no rear shock for that test).

Of course if you are set on doing this one, my arm is easily twisted. And I know with you, and Listen readers this is for others that may want to join the fun we only need to key off you....it sucks being the enduro clock timing smart, fast guy!!(haha)

http://ridechec.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=92:western-checkpoint-enduro-championship&catid=45:news&Itemid=77

PS the biggest bad news is that the Anza enduro has been cancelled by the prospectors mc..

The #1 2013 target for me is the Idaho Qualifier that ones on my bucket list, its an epic race.

Matt I'm ready to sign. let me know if you are in its a 45 buck entry thats good (I'll be MAG HWT A- 50+A)

U? 40A SEN LWT A right?

you have my email. RN

Anyone else? DAI JONES!!!

Can't amke this one as flying to hawaii that day for a few days conference / meetings with clients.

Robert- if you are ready to commit, I will commit. I normally post enter so I can see how conditions look, but I will make an exception in this case, you know, for you. Still racing Sen LWT A.

Dai- there is ALWAYS time for work.

The D37 desert enduros are different from the desert races I have done. Even when riding my 5 speed YZ250F with woods gearing, there would generally less than a minute of riding where I would go faster if the bike went faster. It will be faster than a woods event, but a lot slower than a H and H.

Matt,

I'll wait for the date, lots going on this month. If it's a go I will post enter and get on your minute. RN

I raced these events for about 15 years and had a love/hate relationship with district 37 Enduro's especially the timekeeping ones. If there are any lurkers out there thinking about entering these events with these guys I would definitely go for it. The courses are very challenging and you will learn a lot about true Enduro riding and timekeeping.

Bill AKA Mag A #1 for 2000

Matt nice ride..as usual,prelim- 18th OA! 3rd A senior lwt from 11 in class. wow lots of folks just burning points, that Husky guy was zero-ing in the beginning then just faded hard. those numbers were high.

How was the course, tough? or was it all about keeping the clock right more than course toughness?

http://www.moto-tally.com/d37/enduro/results.aspx?EY=2013&EID=1&SC=O1&SV=CS

Thanks, Robert. I think I have been shuffled back to 19th OA by updates.

First loop was easy, although I managed to burn a check in a 12 mph section when I got confused. Second loop was faster paced, had some test sections and more technical terrain. I missed a turn in one of the test sections and rode about an extra 0.6 mile, which probably added 2 points to my score.

Third loop was the closest I have ridden to extreme enduro, and I was getting tired before the start. I switched to finishing mode about a mile in and started looking for the finish. I for sure could have done much better if I was fresh.

I think this one event was more riding than I did all of last year.