kato

aand another klr owner

Yep, happy owner of a 97 klr. Loving the bike (although the front fairing HAD to go!). Not looking to make the gnarly trail section of the forum with it but i hope to be able to still have a bit of slip and slide fun everynow and then! Been riding on slab since i was legally able to. fairly new to dirt but I think i ll do fine and will keep an eye out to try to join a group ride soon.

Oh, and i go by Kato

see ya!!

Plenty of mid - big bike riders here so watch for a ride that fits you - I think there's a good one out of Ramona tomorrow. Welcome!

don't discount the KLR as "gnarly trail" worthy- a recent addition to the thread was on a new model KLR... the bikes are capable

welcome to the club, and join a ride

thanks.

That ride tomorrow looks fun wish i could make it.

And yes that mud hill is gnarly on the klr, im a bit nuts but i m not sure if i d go for that with the 400pound beast. Yet.

Welcome and those klr's are tractors - our family has had 3 of em and probably should still have at least one since they just never quit.

thanks.

That ride tomorrow looks fun wish i could make it.

that mud hill looks gnarly on the klr, im a bit nuts but i m not sure if i d go for that with the 400poundgirls beast

I clenched a little before I started rolling :lol:

the tires you are running are 80/20 dirt tires; I can see where it gives you concern. You have the same model KLR I had (I like your replacement light) and I still thought it was top 3 "street" bike I ever had, and a better adventure bike than my V Strom... I am still looking for one as a replacement for a bike in my stable

I'm heading out to McCain Valley Sunday, and it should all be KLR friendly

Yes i might be able to do sunday!

these tires are definitely not for dirt, my ass is all over the place as soon as i crank the throttle a bit.. with the weight of the klr it gets sketchy quick. Thinking about shinko244s next. I also need boots, and barkbusters, and probably some sort of crash guard too if i start following you guys ahha

Hey i checked mccain valley on the map (i ve never been) and that's a bit far for me sorry. I dont mind mountain roads (like the 78 or 79) for miles but not an interstate fan

Hey i checked mccain valley on the map (i ve never been) and that's a bit far for me sorry. I dont mind mountain roads (like the 78 or 79) for miles but not an interstate fan

I drive a truck out from Alpine...room for another in the truck

also- Highway 94/Olde Highway 80 goes right past it, but it IS a bit of a haul

Keep you eyes open for a Corral Canyon ride too... you can avoid slab all the way by taking dirt roads and tulane

Welcome to the forum Kato....I have lots of KLR friends.....and I've seen them ride KLR's where I wouldn't take my KTM450, but then again, I'm a chick and tend to not have that

'crazy Y factor'......this site offers lots of ride choices....get some dirt tires and we'll see you out there...

Crawdaddy's CORE 4 KIDS event March 22-24 out in Niland has lots of KLR friendly terrain....check out the CORE website...

I drive a truck out from Alpine...room for another in the truck

also- Highway 94/Olde Highway 80 goes right past it, but it IS a bit of a haul

Keep you eyes open for a Corral Canyon ride too... you can avoid slab all the way by taking dirt roads and tulane

Well yea good idea I could take the 94 all the way, about 60 miles it says. that will be a long day but hey.. if i'm beat and that spot is still open maybe i can catch a ride back to alpine? i should be fine though, and thats why i got a bike again after 10years of hiatus: to ride!!!

question: I don't think I'll be able to pick up any new gear on time though, think that might be an issue?

Welcome to the forum Kato

thanks!