SICVIC

Through the eyes of a Lurker

My day starts like this.....

Rainbows and bunnies; how bad can it get right!?

post-14596-031581700 1356667070_thumb.jp

...I had no idea!

Let me back up a little.

So the night before I was Lurking a Corral ride that Spaugh was putting on. Sounded like fun and I was all over it.

Rained during the night but had cleared by morning.

I loaded up and took off. By Alpine I had cought up to some lingering rain but it was very light.

I unloaded at Pine Valley and took off.

It was a slip-n-slide fest all the way over to Corral. On the way down Kernan I was getting worried I may not be able to make it back up. Several times while in 1st gear down hill, the rear tire would just let loose and the Hail Marys would begin. Danger danger!

I thought about calling it off several times on the way over. I firured it would be as bad if not worse over in the park. Fortunately; I was wrong.

I met the group at BobCat just as they were warming up the bikes. Brad, Brianna, Alan and Ryan. (sorry about spelling or if I got any wrong)

It was a full on KTM fest ready to throw down!

Let me say this...We rode everything....everything that has huge F'N rocks on it!

Brad was evil and possessed! (example below)

post-14596-040527900 1356668515_thumb.jp

Kidding (a little)

Everyone had their game face on!

Brad

post-14596-073466600 1356669521_thumb.jp

Bri

post-14596-027501500 1356668662_thumb.jp

Ryan

(sorry sideways)

post-14596-016672600 1356669249_thumb.jp

post-14596-072054000 1356670080_thumb.jp

...and Alan making us all look like Rookies

post-14596-067681900 1356669406_thumb.jp

After that bone jarring action we hit up some of the sweet single track. Traction was prime as long as you stayed off the large rock faces.

Had several quick slip outs where the tires just gave way. Most times a quick foot out saved the day.

Several times incoming clouds had us a little worried.

post-14596-015901400 1356669793_thumb.jp

...in the end it just made for some nice views...

post-14596-044867000 1356669948_thumb.jp

Awesome ride with an awesome group!

Thanks so much for dragging me along today.

We parted ways and I headed back to Pine Valley via Kernan.

I was worried about the mud but it had dried a lot during the day. I only had issues in two spots going up the hill.

Feet out, fish tailing side to side. Flail baby flail!!!!!

Hit up one "self poser photo" on the way back to the parking lot.

post-14596-054576900 1356670777_thumb.jp

Sickness aka Lurker... out

Nice ride report and great photos, Vic. It was good meeting and riding with you today. Conditions were pretty awesome on those trails. I'm glad I decided to take the day off work and go riding. Timing was perfect.

that was the best conditions I've ever seen at CC. thanks for the great day of riding everyone. nice photos and writeup vic. you should show up more often.

Nice ride report and great photos, Vic. It was good meeting and riding with you today. Conditions were pretty awesome on those trails. I'm glad I decided to take the day off work and go riding. Timing was perfect.

Stoked you took time to ride! Sometimes people get all cought up in that work thing and miss the finer things in life.

Conditions were prime!

I'm soooooo glad one of those vids turned out! Brad was straight out mobbing!!!!!!!! We did have riders ahead of us so we knew the trail was clear and safe.

As with most pictures, its difficult to capture height and sometimes depth. This video is no exception to that. M.O.V.I.N.G

Thanks for posting it up/had a great time!

Brad... you must have really inspired Vic. I have never seen such an eloquent, complete and coherent post from him!

Looks great guys!