Sign in to follow this  
Leoffensive

noob ride this sat?

well it will be my first weekend on the bike.

i wanna get out on a real ride. only have 20 miles on the bike and just riding it around town(santee).

im thinkin of a road ride probably just heading east taking the back way out(old 80 and frontage roads) towards alpine or something maybe find a fire road or two(viejas grade to descanso?).

not really sure yet just trying to get some miles and experience on the bike.

if it isnt raining and its dry of course.

anyone willing to keep an eye/coach a noob. maybe suggest a route for me to take?(i dont have gps)

i wanna get out on a real ride. only have 20 miles on the bike and just riding it around town(santee).

im thinkin of a road ride probably just heading east taking the back way out(old 80 and frontage roads) towards alpine or something maybe find a fire road or two(viejas grade to descanso?).

anyone willing to keep an eye/coach a noob. maybe suggest a route for me to take?(i dont have gps)

No can do on road riding. The bike is legal for it, but my arse doesn't agree with it. Have fun and be safe.

By the way, what are you riding?

No can do on road riding. The bike is legal for it, but my arse doesn't agree with it. Have fun and be safe.

By the way, what are you riding?

a drz 400

yea i dont think anyone will wanna do a road ride.

im just trying to get experience on the bike.

its totally stock with no crash protection at the moment.

You have advertised your ride wrong. Your thread headline should read " Street Bike Ride " Noob Friendly. There are lots of us that have all kinds of street legal bikes from super motos, Crotch Rockets, Harleys ect. Your bound to hook some peeps that way. Be safe and like Bikeslut said. Always remember...Pretend nobody sees you...You are invisible. People will literally pull out right into you. Don't assume they see you.

This sat being the 22nd? I can't make it that day bud sorry, but on the 29th there is another noob friendly ride that I, and I'm sure many others, will be attending. Here is the link;

See you there, looking forward to riding with you!

Oh and I was reading your post about the drz buying decision process in the what bike to ride forums. I bought my KLR brand new too, first bike also. Didn't even know how to ride one, figured out the clutch in my driveway and off I went. (Very responsible).

My wife back into it and knocked it over the second day I had it. Within the first week of ownership the paint was scratched to high heaven due to my exploring and falling. Within four weeks of having it, I took a rattle can to my brand new bike with less than a thousand miles. It used to be blue and white, it's now matt black. Since then I've had some spectacular spills, ripped off my stock (plastic) skid plate, my mirrors a few times, the end of my clutch lever is on a trail somewhere and on my last ride i finally broke off my right hand guard. I'm just replacing things as they break to save money, but one thing I did invest in is some Givi crash guards and im 100% sure they have saved my bike severe damage at least once.

I'm not trying to hate on my KLR, the under powered and over weight pig is a great bike. But if I could do it again, I would have bought a used one. Because my $6,000 eight month old bike is probably worth about $2,500 now. And is there something that my 2012 KLR can do that a used 1987 - 2007 or 2008+ wouldn't? Nope! It's a good thing that I'm really happy with it and I'm not looking to sell it. Otherwise id be rather upset at the depreciation.

Well, that was off topic. But I was too late for your post about which bike to buy.

What time? I could do some street riding in the morning, no dirt because I'd probably take my sport bike. Have to be home before lunch, got committments.

Not sure on time.

Could meet at lake Jennings at the park n ride. At w/e time.

I'm open to w/e.

I will say I'm very new(currently about 25 miles experience)

In case you don't want to be bored riding with me.

Anyone have any recommended routes?

Do you feel comfortable enough to cruise the 67 or Wildcat Canyon to Ramona? I can meet in the AM for some breakfast then Im game to cruise to Julian. Me and my woman were planin on takin a ride out there for some pie anyway.

Hell I'm down.

I need to get saddle time. Gotta get used to the wind feeling at speed.

Got it up to 50 yesterday and felt like I was gonna fly like Elliot from ET haha

I'm planning on riding with GY9.1911 meetin in Ramona but I haven't heard from him today

Send him a message I'm open to w/e

I am in Tierrasanta, so I could meet you at the park and ride, and we could head up to Ramona via Wildcat Canyon.

Or, we could meet at the 7-11 at Hwy. 67 and Mapleview in Lakeside.

What time are you supposed to meet up in Ramona?

Ok the park and ride sounds good. Pick a time. I know he wanted to meet at Ramona cafe no later than 10am

OK, 9am tomorrow at the park and ride at Lake Jennings Park Rd and I-8. Should take less than a half hour to get to Ramona via Wildcat. Looking forward to it!

Weatherunderground says no rain, 48 degrees at 9am, 60 degrees by noon.

Sorry for the delayed response fellas... My womans doc appt didnt go as well as I had hoped. But I will see ya at Ramona cafe for breakfast by 10 as planned. Dress warm... I love the cold & Im bringin my snow gloves just in case my hands go numb in my regular pair.

Headn out of RB. Grab gas n cya in less than 30. Feel free to move on as well, dont want to inconvenience anyone...