KTMrad

Alex Global KLR Traveler at My House

Alex just called me and we're going to meet Sunday around 6pm somewhere for dinner. I asked him if he minds if others show up, he said not at all and the more the merrier. Alex is traveling 2 up with his girlfriend. They're planning on possibly taking 10 - 20 years to travel around the world.

Not sure where we'll meet yet, but he's staying in North Park.

Will keep this post updated with a meeting spot.

Just called Alex back and invited him to stay at my house in the empty master bedroom, so they'll be here for at least a few nights.

Since nobody posted about meeting us for dinner, I will just pick a place to take him. I'll post later where we're going, but am not expecting many people to show up.

We're meeting in North Park area.....off Adams Ave. on Park Blvd. 6pm, tonight December 9th.

Small Bar

4628 Park Boulevard, San Diego, CA

(619) 795-7998 ‎ · smallbarsd.com

If you can't make it tonight, he'll be at my house at least a week, and I'm sure we'll be heading to Ocean Beach at least once, I'll keep you posted. May even have some people over to my house if they want to meet him, we'll see.

In case anyone else is planning on going, we'll be there about 6:15 to 6:30 the latest.

Had to do some organizing in the garage to make room for their fully loaded KLR.

They're planning on possibly taking 10 - 20 years to travel around the world.

i had to re-read that a few times. :blink:/>

I love my girlfriend, but we were together 5 years before we signed a lease.... That said, I'm particularly jealous.

We were together for 10 seconds before we decided to do this trip.

First sentence:

Alex said "Hi I am Alex. I also do not want the normal corporate life. I am going to travel the world on a motorcycle and try and change the world. Do you want to come?

My girlfriend Candice said "sure"

Alex and Candice are at my house now, staying in the vacant master bedroom. I believe they'll be here at least a week, and probably longer. They have no definite departure date. I can tell we're going to have a good time...Alex and Candice are very cool, good people !

I will keep SDAR posted about possible get together at my house soon so people can come hang out and meet them.

A few pix...I'm the "older guy" :rolleyes:

post-2-016509400 1355122157_thumb.jpg

post-2-072192100 1355122165_thumb.jpg

post-2-064272200 1355122172_thumb.jpg

post-2-071262900 1355122178_thumb.jpg

We were together for 10 seconds before we decided to do this trip.

First sentence:

Alex said "Hi I am Alex. I also do not want the normal corporate life. I am going to travel the world on a motorcycle and try and change the world. Do you want to come?

My girlfriend Candice said "sure"

For The Win!!

Alex, Candice and Randy - I'm game for some South Coast fish tacos one day this week after work. Maybe swing over to Pizza Port for a local craft brew. Speaking of local craft brew, I bet Wekert (KLR rider as well) or CalNub could be persuaded to lead a ride through Otay and over to Alpine Brewery maybe??

Back to South Coast fish tacos, count me IN for sometime this week. Alex, I can shoot you some info/routes about and around the local beaches if you want to go sight seeing and enjoy the water. The OB pier is 100% worth checking out while we're at South Coast. Sunset Cliffs is just down the road from the bar and is great for... sunsets! I look forward to meeting you guys sometime this week. Randy, I got your message, maybe we can work something out when we go to South Coast (unless you want to ride there, then by all means go for it)

Back to South Coast fish tacos, count me IN for sometime this week. Alex, I can shoot you some info/routes about and around the local beaches if you want to go sight seeing and enjoy the water. The OB pier is 100% worth checking out while we're at South Coast. Sunset Cliffs is just down the road from the bar and is great for... sunsets! I look forward to meeting you guys sometime this week. Randy, I got your message, maybe we can work something out when we go to South Coast (unless you want to ride there, then by all means go for it)

Tim, South Beach Bar is closed for renovation until after Christmas, but Tower 2 right around the corner has just as good fish tacos and beer !

We'll see what they want to do.