StevoDaDevo

Tecate to Cabo March/April 2013

Hello fellow Baja lovers,

We're making a run down to Cabo in April next year. Basically following with Baja 1000 course with changes to avoid the difficult parts. Who likes 50 miles of whoops? We plan on about 200-300 miles per day and are doing about 85% off-road. It should take us 5 or 6 days to get to the tip, depending on the route and, like real men, we are riding back as well.

Currently there are three of us that are committed but the more the merrier! We are doing this on Adventure bikes, KTM 990s. All riders welcome as long as you like tacos and beer and have a good attitude.

I've spent a lot of time in Baja but have never made a trip this far south. I'm already excited and it's 4-5 months away!

Please reply to this thread of send me a PM if you are interested.

UPDATE: Dates are going to 4/6 - 4/20 (return is flexible, might be sooner).

UPDATE: We will be arriving in Ensenada on 4/18. You can continue on to the states if you must be back early.

UPDATE: I will have my SPOT tracker on me. Here's the link if you would like to follow along: http://dneisler.whereamiriding.com We leave on Saturday morning so it will be active then.

8D1903C3-9B13-4C8F-B6D5-4235E3899544-10653-0000040C579A162A.jpg

You may want to look at the dates of the Mexican 1000 as it runs around the end of April and heads the same direction as your plan.

Ok folks. I have the dates nailed down. We leave on 4/6 and will be back by 4/20. The return date is flexible.

Post a reply or shoot me a PM if you're interested.

This is going to be a ride to remember!

I am in unless something major happens between now and then!!! I Will submit the vacation request this week. :)/>

Sounds great! Keep me posted.

Anyone else interested?

The trip is coming together nicely. One member of our group is playing a gig in Ensenada on 4/20 so that's where we will be ending the trip. Should be a great way to top of an epic ride!

Hope one of you guys can make our 1,200 mile beer run! :drinks:

I may have some time free at for this ride. I'm on a well equipped DR650 and did a group ride to Mike's Sky Rancho in December and got hooked. Would be great to go the whole way. I'll stay tuned to this.

Have a GREAT ride, be safe and man I wish I was going with you this trip!! Next time!

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need assistance!!

Have a GREAT ride, be safe and man I wish I was going with you this trip!! Next time!

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need assistance!!

Thanks Chris! You're on speed-dial!

Have a GREAT time... be SAFE!

I'll be crossing Tecate at 6-6:30AM tomorrow....

And leaving Rancho Ojai by 8AM. Bound for San Felipe.

If you see a caravan of trucks/trailers... give us a wave! I'll be thinking about you!

... I'm not always monetarily capable of a long-haul emergency rescue, but you can keep me in mind too if you need assistance. I can tow down a large flatbed or enclosed, and know my way around down there... as well as via a GPS or coordinate. My cell is 442-8366 in the 858. ~Johnny

Have a GREAT time... be SAFE!

I'll be crossing Tecate at 6-6:30AM tomorrow....

And leaving Rancho Ojai by 8AM. Bound for San Felipe.

If you see a caravan of trucks/trailers... give us a wave! I'll be thinking about you!

... I'm not always monetarily capable of a long-haul emergency rescue, but you can keep me in mind too if you need assistance. I can tow down a large flatbed or enclosed, and know my way around down there... as well as via a GPS or coordinate. My cell is 442-8366 in the 858. ~Johnny

Thank a lot! Hope to see you on the trail! Be safe!

I wonder how many guys actually went? 3?

I think I saw them headed down on Saturday. I was in a group of 2 990's coming back from Laguna Hansen to Tecate.

DD

Hey guys!! Made to Loreto just a bit ago. Only mechanical issues so far are flat tires (6!!). I Got separated from the group and we are regrouping here in Loreto (hopefully!)

Alone in the middle of Baja is not so fun...

Hey guys!! Made to Loreto just a bit ago. Only mechanical issues so far are flat tires (6!!). I Got separated from the group and we are regrouping here in Loreto (hopefully!)

Alone in the middle of Baja is not so fun...

Wow... 6 flats thus far?? Still, you've gone a long way in a few days.

It was nice chattin' with you guys at the Sawmill (Ramonas).

... you all seemed like a good positive crew, and had lots of "stuff" on those beasts!!

Can't wait to hear how you guys got separated from each other... never a good thing.

~Johnny