CVRick

Cactus in tire

I got cactus in my tire. slow leak. is sime A good idea?.one small hole maybe.

Yes, or a product called "stans"

Or is it tubless? If not Thomas will bang out a tube change in minutes. Thomas at Motoworld or if you live in Alpine he would do it at home if you ask. Kick an email if you need his number.

suspension101@cox.net

I have used slime in my bikes for thorns and it seems to seal the leak and if I get more it seems to stop them from losing air.think I might try the same in my motorcycle.

I've used slime for cactus punctures with good results in both motorcycle and bicycle tires. It only lasts for about a year.

My experience says

Slime not is not a permanent fix, it should only be used on the trail

Spend the time to make your ride reliable and either patch the tube or purchase new

That's all I have to say.

If you put slime in your tube when you put in new tubes, you get punctures and never know about them until about a year later when the slime breaks down and the punctures start leaking. You get slime between the tube and tire and it comes out at the valve stem. It's messy, but nothing a little water won't clean up.

The Slime brand alternative is Ride-On this stuff is a little cleaner. I like the Ride-On product better after using Slime successfully for many years on both sides of the border.

http://www.ride-on.com/motorcycles.html

Ive used both with great success combined with Michelin Air Stop HD tubes (the best of the best in tubes).

I currently have zero flat worry using Michelin Mousse inserts (but I am all trail only no street speed stuff)

Also remember when you pop off your tire, use a rag and circle the inside to find snags (thorns,nails etc). use needle nose to yank out any foreign bodies. Do post ride inspections and yank out anything stuck in the tire so they dont work themselves in.