X-country-Rider

Need help changing chain and sprockets

Hey all! I am overall new to riding and just recently got my first bike (i actually bought carguy's 2006 xr650l). Been putting a decent amount of time into riding to gain experience and also i have been somewhat taking my bike apart and putting it together again in order to learn more about it. I am very interested in a how-to video of this if you guys get one going, as i do plan to do my own maintenance on my bike and a video for replacing a chain would generally be very useful for a noobie like myself! Either way please let me know if you put together the video and ill definitely check it out (also contact me if you need help with filming or editing).

We gonna let a little rain stop us? :D/>

Naw but i haven't heard from the guy with the chain tool so i may have to go buy one in the morning. Any idea where i should go if it comes to that?

My buddy lent his out so no go there.

Nope, dont sweat it if we need to reschedule just let me know.

My buddy lent his out so no go there.

Crap any recommendations where to buy one then?

Cycle Gear has one online for 40 bucks. Hopefully they have it in the San DIego store.

2_web1006916_3.jpg

Cycle Gear has one online for 40 bucks. Hopefully they have it in the San DIego store.

2_web1006916_3.jpg

They had it for $30 for black friday. may still have the same deal going on, i saw they extended many of their doorbusters...

2_web1006916_3.jpg

They had it for $30 for black friday. may still have the same deal going on, i saw they extended many of their doorbusters...

I got the tool this morning and headed up to Arnies shop. Thank you Arnie and Bryan you two are awesome!! Love the new low end power makes the Tiger come alive!!

It was a great time. Glad I got to meet everyone. The bike feels like a new machine!

Here's the link to the place where I got the levers:

http://shop.the2wheels.com/CNC-Folding-Extendable-Clutch-Brake-Levers-Set-for-Triumph-Folding-Lever-Set-Triumph.htm

Bryan

Thanks Bryan please post those up in the 800XC farkles thread on the "öther site". Those things are cool.

Heh, posted to advrider and got banned. so much for contributing :P guess I'll just go back to leeching info :lol:

They might have thought you were Craig trying to sneak in as an alias. I would talk to them and let them know that's not the case.

They might have thought you were Craig trying to sneak in as an alias. I would talk to them and let them know that's not the case.

That is unfortunate, but also pretty funny. Craig, they must have hired someone dedicated solely to search and destroy your latest handle on Advrider. :torch:

That is unfortunate, but also pretty funny. Craig, they must have hired someone dedicated solely to search and destroy your latest handle on Advrider. :torch:/>/>

I emailed them and pointed out that Bryan was obviously a different person and pointed them to this thread. I just checked and he is now unbanned. GB can be a little trigger happy.

That's good news. Bryan didn't know he was hanging with a bunch of rabble rousers.

I just got the unban email. They said it must have been an anti-spam/anti-fake-noob filter. Glad to see they're not unreasonable and glad to see I have the support of you rabble rousers :P

I just got the unban email. They said it must have been an anti-spam/anti-fake-noob filter. Glad to see they're not unreasonable and glad to see I have the support of you rabble rousers :P/>/>/>/>

You know that Bryan seemed like such a good kid until he got caught up in the wrong crowd :)

Dragnet_34681_Medium.jpg

dragnet-blog-1.jpeg