Metal Twister

Should we? Could we? Do we dare another night ride?

Ok ive been lurking around for about a month or so now. And have been in deep Guru reflection. Seems a little heat settles in and the riding slooooows waaaay dowwwwwn. Now I know theres a lot of us guys and gals that really need to ride, but its just to damn hot! It seems that theres only a couple of options to me. 1). we ride, and tuff it out. 2) we load up and invade the coast, or travel north to the high country. 3) we play bats and owls and go for a night ride. Is anybody up for a evening blast to the deset? Ride until 2:30 am or so, do a little R&R till say 8:00 am, and back up the hill before the Sun Gods wake up? I was thinking that the Ramona Rumble route that Crawdaddy led us on might be a good way down the hill. Work our way down the east and west side of S2 to, find a good lay over place for a couple hours of rest. then back up the hwy8 to Laguna and back to Ramona. Im thinking a good dual sport ride with the big bikes and us little guys might be a fun thing? any ideas? any intrest? If it got to crazy we could always jump on the road and slither on home?

Night ride on a friday/saturday sounds fun!

Good timing for me... The Mighty 625 will be paying a visit to 3 Bros. for God knows how long (3rd gear coul no longer take the awesome torque produced by the venorable LC4), and last night ride I had volunteered to set-up the next food-n-fuel pit.

Just lemme know when and where to park it, and I'm there! <_<

Just lemme know when and where to park it, and I'm there! <_<

I think we can wait for your big Orange Lug to recover. You need to ride! Martoon and friends are in on their 950's. I was wondering if Guy and his buds would be up for something like this? Could be a wild night of riding.

Night ride sounds pretty good, I'll do my best to make it. Lots of dust out there, that should keep the speed down.

Just lemme know when and where to park it, and I'm there! :)

I think we can wait for your big Orange Lug to recover. You need to ride! Martoon and friends are in on their 950's. I was wondering if Guy and his buds would be up for something like this? Could be a wild night of riding.

While were waiting on ktms at 3 bros, wait for me, wait for me <_<:dirol: my crispy critter is still at 3 bros maybe we can both join yous guys :dance3:

Just lemme know when and where to park it, and I'm there! :)

While were waiting on ktms at 3 bros, wait for me, wait for me <_<:dirol: my crispy critter is still at 3 bros maybe we can both join yous guys :dance3:

Glad to have ya! Im sure we have a couple of weeks to plan and discuss, that should give everybody an opportunity to get the bikes back, with enough time to get ready if they want to go. If Rob is the chuck wagon, do you guys want to ride to Brawly? lol NOT!!!

While were waiting on ktms at 3 bros, wait for me, wait for me <_<:lol: my crispy critter is still at 3 bros maybe we can both join yous guys :lol:

I thought that was the Wheelie Machine that I spotted. I gave Tim a fresh Benjamin under the table to put that thing aside and start tearing into the Mighty 625 :) :dance3: :dirol:

The way my luck goes I'll be happy if I'm riding it by the time District 38 fires-up again in the fall :dance:

I would like to do another night ride, but first I will have to do something about my lights. I only saw the ground twice the whole night, once eating dinner and the other fixing my tire. <_<:)

I would like to do another night ride, but first I will have to do something about my lights. I only saw the ground twice the whole night, once eating dinner and the other fixing my tire. <_<:)

I know what you mean Ken, My eyes are going fast! alot of it is do to this new auto darkening welding helmet, its made in China but it seems to work ok. Love Harbor Freight! Been using for the last month. When is the next full moon?

weldingmask.jpg

Been watching this thread, anyone got a date in mind yet?

I'm in :D and I'll bring the hot links! B)

Gunz

I'm in :D and I'll bring the hot links! B)

Gunz

Im thinking next full moon might bea good time, or close to it. We just had one last week, so say in about 3 weeks? We'll have to check the moon cycle.

I'm in :P and I'll bring the hot links! :D

Gunz

Im thinking next full moon might bea good time, or close to it. We just had one last week, so say in about 3 weeks? We'll have to check the moon cycle.

My sister just sent this to me, might be cool to make it one of these nights?

Two moons on 27 August

>>

>>27th Aug the Whole World is waiting for

>>

>>Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky starting August.

>>

>>It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will

>>cultivate

>>on Aug. 27 when Mars comes within 34.65M miles of earth. Be sure to

>>watch

>>the sky on Aug. 27 12:30 am. It will look like the earth has

>>2moons.

>>

>>The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.

>>

>>Share this with your friends as NO ONE ALIVE TODAY will ever see it

>>again.

>>

:D:DB)

Two moons on 27 August

>>

>>

>>

>>cultivate

>>watch

>>2moons.

>>

>>

>>again.

>>

:D:D:D

Awww... Poor Twister...

Looks like you've been Snoped B)

check: http://www.snopes.com/science/mars.asp

Two moons on 27 August

>>

>>

>>

>>cultivate

>>watch

>>2moons.

>>

>>

>>again.

>>

:D:DB)

Awww... Poor Twister...

Looks like you've been Snoped :P

check: http://www.snopes.com/science/mars.asp

Thanks DigDug for setting things straight!!! I bit hard. Hook, line, & sinker :D:P

Well I guess waiting for the full moon to fall an a weekend could be a long wait. We have a new moon on Tues. Aug. 28th. Im thinking Saturday August 25 should give us all enough time to get a route, and our bikes out of the shops? I'm open for suggestions as far as a route. I sure enjoyed the Ramona ride we did a couple of months ago. Id like to do that ride in reverse. Maybe hit the hideaway for dinner if its open by then? Any other ideas? What do ya think Crawdaddy, enough gas stops going backwards?

I've always wanted to suck an owl/bat into the oil cooler, count me on the list, I have enough headlights for all of us, and enough 12VDC to run whatever apparatus may be needed midstream, short of one of those kids jumpy gym thingies... ya never know B)

I'll be ready to moon ride I think! :D Keep us posted on the event , i'll be working on my night vision skills in the next few weeks or my famous over the bars flight B) Be good THE DOC.

I'll be ready to moon ride I think! :D Keep us posted on the event , i'll be working on my night vision skills in the next few weeks or my famous over the bars flight B) Be good THE DOC.

Im looking for Ideas for a ride route. Im thinking it might be fun running down to the desert floor for awhile.

is there a point of interest out there that might be a fun target point, besides the Iron Door?

I'll be ready to moon ride I think! :D Keep us posted on the event , i'll be working on my night vision skills in the next few weeks or my famous over the bars flight :D Be good THE DOC.

Im looking for Ideas for a ride route. Im thinking it might be fun running down to the desert floor for awhile.

is there a point of interest out there that might be a fun target point, besides the Iron Door?

The Olde 80 Cafe in Ocotillo. :D

Well it's getting closer to the 25th, it might be time to get serious about the next night ride. There was some question about fuel East of Ramona. Not knowing what the stations hours are it puts us in an uneasy position. With that in mind we started to focus on the route of the last night ride. Im thinking we could continue out of Mc Cain valley and continue on towards the desert floor. Carguy and I are going to do some poking around this weekend, we are going to see if some routes we know of are still available to us. At any rate, the last night ride went well and was a fairly quick paced ride. Im thinking we should meet at the Corral Canyon camp grounds. If there was anybody who wants to come from a little further away, it might be a good place to lay over until morning.

After getting to Octolla we can fuel up and head in any direction. Any suggestions? Superstitions Mtns, S2 north, ??? Im thinking we should get on the trail around 5:30 pm. This would give anybody with poor night vision an opportunity to get some time riding with us before dark. This ride route will be good for anybody who would like to cut the ride short for any reason. Theres lots of road access to return if desired.

Nothing is final yet, If you have a suggestion now is the time to speak up! I will post our Our final route in the members section on Sunday evening.