Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

2012 AMA Nat Hare and Hound final round

Last minute snap (crazy) decision. Will race this round on my totally not set up for dez racing TE310.

Focus will be on the ugly rock and hill sections (they always have them on the last loop) and cruising the open fast stuff (not too much choice there with my super low gearing and soft suspension).

For both fun, training and for contingency Husky bucks.

Will be entered in Nat 50B (Mag Hwt Int) for this one. Anyone else going up, look for my white ford explorer sport trac and the Husky TE310, I will be hanging near and be guest pitted with the host club 100s MC folks.

http://www.100smc.org/

Another one completed (all loops done, a bunch of Nat H&H, never a H&H DNF)

Many thanks to AJAX-John Kearney and the 100s MC for paying my entry.

Dust was a big factor at the start and in some sections, but most was dez single track and only the D37 sharp rocks, steep hills up and down and some deep sand were a factor! Temp was perfect.

My TE310 with 13/52 final drive was fine at my 50B skill level and speed and with my plush enduro suspension. Made my best pass on a rocky/gnarley downhill off the race line past 2 guys. Started on B line (line 2) and got completely dusted.

Throughout the race passed many more riders than riders passing me, so I'm always OK with that.

Missed the crest of one long steeper at the top rocky hill (UGLY HILL), but settled down and cross hilled into the rocks for traction and made it, lots of carnage there, bikes all over the place.

Had one slow tangle up fall on the ugliest downhill supposedly on the section of the King of motos course, got the front wedged and got OTB slowly. Took a little rest at the bottom of that section and lost a couple spots but needed some recovery time for safety.

Over all it was another tough Nat N&H challenge @ 85miles good stuff. Pros/As left maybe 15 mins ahead of line 2 and finished 2 friggan hours ahead of me.......sick speed.

Our San Diego crew of 1 30B (Eric Chase) and 1 40B (Steve Grieb) finished 45mins ahead of 50B me and raced wheel to wheel the entire race right to the finish, very cool!!

Oh yea about 10 miles from the finish I tagged a big rock and tore my foot peg almost off, the upper mount tab is broken off, and the peg is hanging back, been focusing on the ball of foot riding, thankfully!! I rode her in with my foot resting on what is left of the upper mount so as to not completely lose my peg assembly for reweld. Time to do a maintenance tear down and prep for the Tecate HS 1 Dec.

2011 TE310 (12 TXC spec) performed flawlessly.

official NHHA and non official rider viddys

Johnson Valley has a few sharp rocks and hills.......

Caselli H cam, same course we did but just done a little faster with #1 Kurt.

you get a good idea of the severity of the rocky canyon down hill from near the final push to the finish.

Caselli H cam, same course we did but just done a little faster with #1 Kurt.

!

Some interesting line choices - like at 3:40ish

Yea he goes faast