I would love to go but my daughters birthday party is this weekend. I am shooting for the 28th for a wild and wooly ride to give the KTM an idea of what it is in for. :P Ken

Is anybody interested to ride this Saturday or Sunday?

what did you have in mind Alex?

I have no plans yet. I would like to explore Idyllwild area, but I do not know the trail system up there. I'm open to any ideas. May be plan-A from my last week "Saturday ride" post, or Santiago peak (from Ortega Hwy to Corona).

Alex

I have no plans yet. I would like to explore Idyllwild area, but I do not know the trail system up there. I'm open to any ideas. May be plan-A from my last week "Saturday ride" post, or Santiago peak (from Ortega Hwy to Corona).

Alex

I have no knowledge of any trails so I can offer no suggestion. I would be stoked to "pyro" it to a ride, also may try out the sm setup if the trails are more dirt road than tech and rocky. I am anxious to see how the drz goes at Palomar with 17" wheels and sticky tires :P. Let’s see if someone else chimes in with an idea. I want to try out amago some day as well.

I can't join you, but if you want to borrow the roll chart from the Duallies ride earlier this year I have it. Plenty of riding in that area.

Alex,

I can definately go on Saturday. Any route you pick would be fine with me. Santiago peak, Palomar, or anywhere else would be great.

Hey that map looks like where Numbskull and I started our ride up Bee Canyon, and we kept going to the right and ended up at Idylwild (about 22 miles). We started at Cranston station in Hemet ( not far from where we ended our Hixon ride) If you go to the left on the offshoots on Bee Canyon, you can add some trail miles and end up over by Lake Fulmer and take 243 south to Idylwild. Sometimes the gates are locked (possibly due to fire danger). We also took 243 south from Idylwild after lunch, got on the highway through Garner Valley, went up Thomas Mountain road and then back down Rouse Hill Road (again, from the Hixon ride) Could be fun or could be some locked gates. The San Bernardino National Forest website will list currently closed forest roads and fire conditions.

All,

meet Saturday July 21, 7:00 AM (leaving 7:15) at AM/PM/ARCO parking lot, exit Deer Springs Rd. off 15 FW, it's on west side of FW 15. We'll drive to Jacinto Ranger station about 2 miles pass Hemet, unload and ride from there. So far, it's PAPA and XTSTEVE. Steve has done some trail mapping already, but if anybody has any advices for routes, we take them :lol:

Lets get some practice before Carguy torchers us next Saturday in Jacumba. B)

Hope to see you tomorrow

Alex (papa) 858-414-7874.

All,

meet Saturday July 21, 7:00 AM (leaving 7:15) at AM/PM/ARCO parking lot, exit Deer Springs Rd. off 15 FW, it's on west side of FW 15. We'll drive to Jacinto Ranger station about 2 miles pass Hemet, unload and ride from there. So far, it's PAPA and XTSTEVE. Steve has done some trail mapping already, but if anybody has any advices for routes, we take them :lol:

Hope to see you tomorrow

I'm in. I'll see you at 7am tomorrow.

All,

Hope to see you tomorrow

What road is this ranger station on?

It's on 243 if I'm thinking of the same station house?

Listen, if you folks are starting there it's just a few miles up that there's a semi-hidden dirt road that runs up the hillside for 4 miles towards Idyllwild (anyone who did the Beaumont ride will remember it).....I don't remember the mileage from the Ranger Station to the turn off for this ~4 mile dirt road but I do remember that it's about ~6 miles from the stoplight at Fairview which you'll pass on your way to the ranger station........anyway, take that left, travel up the road, and when you reach a "T" intersection after 4 miles take a right and then another almost immediate right onto the single track....this was the Section 10 hardway on the Beaumont/Dualies ride.....a fun little section that will lead you into the OHV area where you can explore/get lost some more......have fun!

Listen, if you folks are starting there it's just a few miles up that there's a semi-hidden dirt road that runs up the hillside for 4 miles towards Idyllwild (anyone who did the Beaumont ride will remember it).....I don't remember the mileage from the Ranger Station to the turn off for this ~4 mile dirt road but I do remember that it's about ~6 miles from the stoplight at Fairview which you'll pass on your way to the ranger station........anyway, take that left, travel up the road, and when you reach a "T" intersection after 4 miles take a right and then another almost immediate right onto the single track....this was the Section 10 hardway on the Beaumont/Dualies ride.....a fun little section that will lead you into the OHV area where you can explore/get lost some more......have fun!

I just called Jacinto ranger station (it's on 5S07 off 74, less then a mile passed fire station going east) and they do not have maps for sale ... getting a good map was the reason to go there. We still can use 5S07 (I think it's Bee Canyon) to park or find another spot...to be decided. Good news is eveything is open :lol:

I hope we find that single truck, it should be legal if it was on Beaumont ride.

Steve,

do you see it on your super maps?

Cranston station is about a quarter mile before Bee Canyon and the fire rangers said it was fine if we park there. We can also park at the beginning of Bee Canyon. It is very wide there. I am still not sure about going yet, but I want to

Cranston station is about a quarter mile before Bee Canyon and the fire rangers said it was fine if we park there. We can also park at the beginning of Bee Canyon. It is very wide there. I am still not sure about going yet, but I want to

Turn "I want to go" in to "I'm going :lol: ", hope you can make it...

See you all tomorrow, 7:00, at AM/PM Deer Spring Rd. off Fw15.

Papa

Okay. I just loaded Trajan the Expensive Pile onto my jeep and will set my alarm for early o clock. See you all at Deersprings exit.

I just called Jacinto ranger station (it's on 5S07 off 74, less then a mile passed fire station going east) and they do not have maps for sale ... getting a good map was the reason to go there. We still can use 5S07 (I think it's Bee Canyon) to park or find another spot...to be decided. Good news is eveything is open :lol:

I hope we find that single truck, it should be legal if it was on Beaumont ride.

Steve,

do you see it on your super maps?

Just note your mileage once you pass the light at Fairview and remember the fire road turn off is ~6 miles after Fairview on 74 (not 243 - whoops).....the fire road is called "control road" on my GPS track.....probably because it has no name.......just remember, it's 4 miles to the top....then hang a right and an immediate right .01 later.....then get lost and have fun.......at one point the single track dumps out onto the pavement and you need to take a right and catch it again a ways up the road.....I tried to attach a mini GPS track but the website won't allow me to attach a file ending in .gdb here or even in the members only section?

If one of you riders can PM your personal e-mail address and I'll kick the mini ~15 track over to you....sorry, should've offered that up earlier....