UPDATE : 10-18-12

Bruce, Driss & I are heading to Mike's Sky Ranch Saturday, October 20, 2012 meet at Tecate Border and be ready to cross at 8:30 AM.

The plan is to take Compadre to Laguna Hanson, gas at shack, dirt to Valle T, get tacos, gas then head to Mike's. There is gas every 50-60 miles.

The cost to stay at Mike's is $ 70.00 for dinner and breakfast. Please carry your own tubes, tools and spares. Bring extra money for food, drinks, etc. Bring a passport. Any takers?

If you decide to go call Mike and let him know you will be with our group. The number is 011 52 (664) 681 5514.

Im lurking on this thread. It would be a gametime decision if I can go or not.

What does Mikes usually serve food-wise? Hotel or hostel style rooms? Mileage to Mikes? Possibility to refuel?

Nooo, I'm screwed, blue and that Saturday I'm getting tattoed :lol:

Goofy: They serve your typical SoCal/Mex type food, ranch style with everyone around the table. Lodging is also ranch style, with private rooms. I defer to Sondra on mileage and refueling possibilities, that'll depend on the route they're planning.

Have a GREAT ride!!

Nooo, I'm screwed, blue and that Saturday I'm getting tattoed :lol:

Goofy: They serve your typical SoCal/Mex type food, ranch style with everyone around the table. Lodging is also ranch style, with private rooms. I defer to Sondra on mileage and refueling possibilities, that'll depend on the route they're planning.

Have a GREAT ride!!

Roughly 150 miles. 75% dirt. We'll stop mid-way for gas.

I might be going on this ride Sondra I will confirm midweek it has been a long time since I saw Bruce and you and it would be an epic ride but without my old R1200GS as now I only ride the DRZ 400 on the dirt .Bruce, make sure your battery is charged up in case someone needs it laugh.gif .I might be going back for the Baja1000 with few others but it seems that plan is still floating right now.

Here is the route that's being kicked around; head south on Compadre, cut over to the gas shack at Laguna Hansen, then take the dirt route to Via Trinadad, then south from Via Trinadad to Mikes. Coming back, we will likely stay on the trail through Laguna Hansen to highway 2, then back to Tecate.

We should only get lost a dozen times or so.

We won't get lost and if we do,..that's where the adventure begins. I'll call Mike tomorrow. I'm ride ready.

Great lol lol .......i would love to get lost especially in Baja.

Here is the route that's being kicked around; head south on Compadre, cut over to the gas shack at Laguna Hansen, then take the dirt route to Via Trinadad, then south from Via Trinadad to Mikes. Coming back, we will likely stay on the trail through Laguna Hansen to highway 2, then back to Tecate.

We should only get lost a dozen times or so.

Bruce, Sondra,

No worries I have Gps with newest Mexican maps including Topo maps loaded and I will load every route I have saved into it. I have made it dirt only all the way to Mike's two or three times but I don't know if I can find the tracks but we should be fine with a full tank of gas at the Veronica's and a lot of drinking water. My range is 300 miles on my yellow Mule (DRZ400) so we can afford to get lost if we want to.

I know both of your bikes have long ranges and I am ready for a well deserved fun and adventurous weekend.

Yes and I am loading every track I find his track her track romney's track My mom's track everyone's track but NObama's track.

Moderator I hope I don't get in trouble for this sorry if thats the case..... you can delete.

Yes and I am loading every track I find his track her track romney's track My mom's track everyone's track but NObama's track.

Driss,

The section that is most important is the dirt route from Laguna Hansen to Trinadad. I've been this way about 5 times, but always following someone with the GPS track. Get this one if you can. Weather report says Tecate is dropping down to a high in the mid-70's. Should be perfect!

Guest Crusty

Driss,

The section that is most important is the dirt route from Laguna Hansen to Trinadad. I've been this way about 5 times, but always following someone with the GPS track.

I would like that track also, I want to skip Mike's and follow the race coarse to San Felipe.

Craig.

Do you have a plan for San Felipe and the race? When do you leave? I might leave the 14th for San Felipe, watch the race in Puertecitos with friends then head south. How long do you plan on staying and what beaches are going to?

Sondra you may see me Sat AM at the meeting place. Someone twisted my arms to come along as a mechanic ! :)

Sondra, you might run into about 4 or 5 of my good friends who may be at Mike's on Saturday...but their plans on not for sure yet, but they are going to be in Baja. Wish I was going....unfortunately, can't go on any trips right now.

Sondra you may see me Sat AM at the meeting place. Someone twisted my arms to come along as a mechanic ! :)

Will you be riding the GS? I hope so. I have major bike envy going on with that model. That said, I only got to see yours from behind. Way, way, behind.

We got a late start, some issues and so we ended up doing a loop.Got in over 100 miles though.