Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

2013 Husqvarnas

Rode the 2013s in this order (I am on my best day an 50 intermediate MXr, SoCal intermediate class is tough tough) track was LEMX vet track, a safe and flowing track. This goes for all the models, even off racing line in the chunky disked stuff all Huskys tracked well and smooth with no deflections (I rode all sorts of stupid lines to play around). The spring rates were too soft for my 200+ pounds. The fit and finish of all the machines is super good, we know that. The Chassis (pretty much common on these MXrs) is really really good, but we also know that.

CR125, fun fun fun zero power off the pipe, screams on the pipe, clutch feel great and buttery. stuck like glue, is a peaky on the pipe machine a true 125, ride it hard and it tracks and sticks like glue at all angles.

TC250, wow the red head really makes for big change from the 'older" model. power is enduro like friendly and true it does not feel/rev/hit like a K or Japanese 250F, but I bet most of us normal to experts would turn faster laps on this bike. The new motor feels much more free and open, the new head and FI is great.

TE310, way more all around goodness in engine character than my MY11 (in MY12 TXC mode). same as TC250 for the free up engine feel, those bigger valves and re engineered head bring the the thing to life (it was a powered up TE but with all the Ds stuff on it)

TXC310, the best freaking close course off road/enduro machine on the planet.....IMHO. This is my next bike. everything just feels right from 0rpm to the rev limiter, FI is spot on, brakes the best in the biz, the tires they have on for the loamy vet track were like velcro. this bike is far and away better than all of the 350 Katos Ive ridden, it just has such a good ergo feel, but was soft for my weight , thats only springs, and that would be all I would do put in, springs to get my sag set correct, I would not even mess with the valve stacks..

This thing is really really good. and pure fun of course. It is for me the best bike I have ever ridden. (I am not a pro, as a 50B-A rider)

CR144 wow super amazingly good, so much bottom compared to the 125 its amazing that that little boost in displacement can do that, this bike would also make a great closed course off road enduro bike well I guess for some like Ajax (Nat 1 H&H 50A) its a great open course racer too in all of its tiddler sizes. I like this CR144 much better than the 150SX Kato and YZ144 I rode, which for my skill set were both waaaay too peaky and uncontrollable, my lap times on a CR144 would be double digit seconds faster than the 150SX/YZ144.

For me and my trail,technical, sometimes race XC and Enduro the TXC310 is the machine to do all we do, not far behind is the CR144 for do all fun easy machine.

We did not test the 499/511s and really missed the DS loop on the Terras, (I did want to go there but the CR144 called)

The price point on the DS Terra is a real bargain with much room to expand on the platform, very good marketing move. RN

(lots of HNA fotos taken, I guess they will be up on FB?)

Nice to see Husky still getting it done with the dirt only models. I disagree with the Terra being a good marketing move, the Strada maybe as an entry level bike. But there is a gaping hole in the line up with the steel swing arm 400+ lb Terra replacing the TE630 which was possibly the best mid weight road capable DS bike out there. Damn BMW......

Nice to see Husky still getting it done with the dirt only models. I disagree with the Terra being a good marketing move, the Strada maybe as an entry level bike. But there is a gaping hole in the line up with the steel swing arm 400+ lb Terra replacing the TE630 which was possibly the best mid weight road capable DS bike out there. Damn BMW......

Damn, Damn, Damn BMW (just getting on the band wagon).

Hey Robertaccio, I am considering trading in my Honda for one of the Husky 449's, do you know much about the real world rides on these (as opposed to dealer propaganda)? Also is there much difference between the 2012's and the 2013's?

If you don't know thats cool I just don't know who else to ask.

Thanks.