Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Big Bike Asking for Trouble

Grab Randy or some of the guys with big bikes (Kevin, Mike Miani) and ride behind them a bit and you'll see the technique, it's really quite challenging and fun, but you have to be up for the challenge, and it helps to have a reasonable amount of physical strength, and other riding buddies to laugh at you watching you learn (Kevin). I'd love to go along, that way I can laugh at Kevin, I never miss an opportunity for that :D

Hey Cam, have you installed some NEW bald tires on your pig yet!. Maybe this weekend, we could ride north to the Picnic Table at Thomas Mtn then onto Idlywild via the river road. The usual, get back at 2AM????

my tires might be bald enough for that :D Anyone else interested in an Olympic Kevin style ride?

Dave is interested....as long as you two promise not to hurt me. I have the TKC up front but the Scorpion A/T in back. Is the route tooo sandy for the Scorp? Will we return 2:00AM Sunday or Monday?

Dave

Dave is interested....as long as you two promise not to hurt me. I have the TKC up front but the Scorpion A/T in back. Is the route tooo sandy for the Scorp? Will we return 2:00AM Sunday or Monday?

Dave

Dave,

Not too much sand. Your tires should be good-but a TKC is always better! No promise's about getting hurt, but a promise of alot of laughter/joking/riding/exploreing. Getting back Sunday 2:00AM. We always have a campfire at the picnic table(Pyro was there) on Mt Thomas!

YES ! mawHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH ! Maybe I'll see ya there ! :-)

The Story So Far...

Dave is learning to negociate the backroads with a Big KTM;

Cameron and Kevin like to laugh and joke while riding/exploring;

Cameron has asked if anyone is interested in an Olympic style Kevin ride;

Kevin has asked Cameron if he is interested in Table Mt. and Idyllwild via the River Rd.:

Personally, I don't know exactly what an Olympic Kevin style ride entails, but I'm game. I will be out and about Saturday and Sunday regardless and am willing to meet up with any and all where-ever, anytime after dawn either day. The temps are forecast to 89-97F depending on elevation, so bring lots of hydration.

Regards, Dave

Personally, I don't know exactly what an Olympic Kevin style ride entails, but I'm game. I will be out and about Saturday and Sunday regardless and am willing to meet up with any and all where-ever, anytime after dawn either day. The temps are forecast to 89-97F depending on elevation, so bring lots of hydration.

Regards, Dave

Okay, here it is!!!!!!!!!

Meeting at the Mini Mart/Gas Station in Santa Ysabel between 9:30-10am. Heading north on some dirt to S2. Then to Warner Springs. Dirt from there to Anza. Then Dirt to Hemet. Then dirt to Idylwild. From Idlywild, the famous Picnic Table at Thomas Mtn. You will be blind folded while riding to the table to keep this area secret. Maybe Palomar & Black Canyon on the way back or?? depending on the time. Flight plan subject to change. Mostly fun dirt roads that are fun on Big bikes. Small(chick) bikes are welcome :)

This will be an Olympic style ride(lots of miles/fun/breaks) Will return after dark. You have been warned! If interested, chime in. As always, if any of the IM force is captured, the State Dept will dissavoue(I hope i spelled that right) any knowledege of this operation!!

Regards, Dave

Okay, here it is!!!!!!!!!

Meeting at the Mini Mart/Gas Station in Santa Ysabel between 9:30-10am. Heading north on some dirt to S2. Then to Warner Springs. Dirt from there to Anza. Then Dirt to Hemet. Then dirt to Idylwild. From Idlywild, the famous Picnic Table at Thomas Mtn. You will be blind folded while riding to the table to keep this area secret. Maybe Palomar & Black Canyon on the way back or?? depending on the time. Flight plan subject to change. Mostly fun dirt roads that are fun on Big bikes. Small(chick) bikes are welcome :)

This will be an Olympic style ride(lots of miles/fun/breaks) Will return after dark. You have been warned! If interested, chime in. As always, if any of the IM force is captured, the State Dept will dissavoue(I hope i spelled that right) any knowledege of this operation!!

Meeting Saturday?

Chick bike owner.

As always, if any of the IM force is captured, the State Dept will dissavoue(I hope i spelled that right) any knowledege of this operation!!

This message will self destruct in 30 seconds. :)

[

Meeting Saturday?

Chick bike owner.

SORRY, THE RIDE IS SATURDAY 8/11/07!

BAGSTR will be there.

Thanks Kevin for taking the lead.

BAGSTR will be there.

Thanks Kevin for taking the lead.

This ride is ON!! We have 5 confirmed bikes so far, and a couple of maybes-See ya there!!

At this point I'm 50/50...I was nursing some cold this week, but today I feel better...I like the plan, and if I go, I'm on DR650.

Just for curiosity, why not usual meet in Ramona, Black Mountain and so on? New dirt routs are discovered?

Alex.

At this point I'm 50/50...I was nursing some cold this week, but today I feel better...I like the plan, and if I go, I'm on DR650.

Just for curiosity, why not usual meet in Ramona, Black Mountain and so on? New dirt routs are discovered?

Alex.

Yes, new dirt routes discovered, and we want to make sure we have time for the northern dirt! You will like what we show you!! If you show, make sure you wear your super socks.

If you're posting a new ride and inviting others, you should start a new post about the ride so others know about it, eh ?

If you're posting a new ride and inviting others, you should start a new post about the ride so others know about it, eh ?

Probably, but I was never a confromist. Rad, are you going on the ride?? We promise to ride slow so that your training wheels dont melt off. Friday pizza night-call me!

Thanks to Kevin and the gang for a good outting. I'll post a report under "Olympic Ride to Idyllwild" today.

Dave