Sign in to follow this  
Joliet

Saturday Desert ride

We met at the Banner store bright and early. Alex, Jim (new guy I don't remember his SDAR name, hell I may have not got his real name right either. But for this post lets call him Jim :) ) and myself. Jim has a nice Husky 450 that I spent a good deal of the day drooling over. We went down the pavement to S2 and headed off road on Pinion Mtn. road. We did the squeeze, & drop with no problems and headed to fish creek. When we got to the turnoff for diablo dropoff Alex didn't think he would have enough gas for the return trip we had planned. So we made a long detour to the blu Inn for a spot of lunch and gas. Then back to fish creek to continue the trip.

Alex was not feeling well after his lunch (evidently he is a better rider than cook) so when we got to fish creek he wanted to take the highway back to his truck. Jim and I continued up fish creek and headed for Diablo Dropoff to the cutoff to Arroyo Tapiado and back to the Overland Stage Route (Vallecito Creek). From there up to S2 to Oriflamme and over the top back to Banner. It was a great ride we logged 124 miles with minimal carnage.

Hopefully the other guys will chime in and give you their storys as well. Sorry no pics, maybe I will get a camera for fathers day, or Christmas or perhaps I will just buy one for myself (cleaverly disguised as a gift for the wife that I can borrow for rides :D ). Later, :D Ken

Sorry no pics, maybe I will get a camera for fathers day, or Christmas or perhaps I will just buy one for myself (cleaverly disguised as a gift for the wife that I can borrow for rides :) ). Later, :D Ken

Sounds like a good day of riding Ken. Was there many riders around the Blue Inn? Or is it looking quiet there for the summer?

There's something about riding through Split Mountian that just makes me feel good, in fact just hearing about riding through there makes me feel good. Thanks for making my evening even better.

Maybe you need to buy your wife somthing sweet, just because? like tomorrow! so we can see these rides. :D

Sorry no pics, Ken

No PicS!? I stole one off this site -- think it is Papa Alex on a yellow bike - Hope he is felling better. How hot was it out there - maybe some heat stress ???

PinyonFishCreek1_7_07_013.jpg

Sounds like a good day of riding Ken. Was there many riders around the Blue Inn? Or is it looking quiet there for the summer?

There was a couple of quads at the blu Inn when we got there but pretty quiet. Didn't see another motorcycle on the trails all day. 1 bicycle, 7 hikers, some jeeps, and a helicopter that came over us so low I think he left a skid mark on my helmet (not the only skid mark he left :) )

I thought Pyro might show up, then we would have had video of the ride. :D

The heat was not too bad at all. I drank around 2 liters of water, 1/2 liter of gatoraide, and a beer in 124 miles. Compare that to 5 liters of water in 50 miles on the Arrowhead ride. It was quite enjoyable. I hope Alex feels better. :D Ken

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Sorry no pics, Ken

No PicS!? I stole one off this site -- think it is Papa Alex on a yellow bike - Hope he is felling better. How hot was it out there - maybe some heat stress ???

PinyonFishCreek1_7_07_013.jpg

I love this picture. :D To me it looks like he just landed off a big jump (bottomed out susspension) but his feet are on the ground :) No wonder he likes his new bike :D

The people at the Banner store were kind enough to let us park all 3 trucks there for the day. We spent a little money in their store and thanked them. :D Ken

Well hurry up and get that camera, Joliet! I got mine today :) Now I just have to figure out how to use the dang thing, and decide if I really want to carry something that costs a weeks pay in a pack on a dirt bike. If one of ya'll crashes, this thing can click off 2.5 shots per second ,so I could get the whole story of your fall-down-go-boom B)

Seems like you guys had fun!! I have never tried this drop off.. B) There's still a lot of places in S.D. County yet to explore for me!! :)

Hmmm :) Haven't seen or heard a peep from papaalex yet. He usually chimes in about a ride he's been on, and it's been a couple of days now. He must really be feeling poorly B) I hope he'll be feeling good soon and hops back on-line and his bike :)

All,

do not worry, papa is fine and ready to ride any time. It was very nice riding last Saturday, we started early and it was not that hot. Squeez, drop, fish creek, usual fun. But, something made me feel dizzy right after lunch, heat, not drinking enough water, bad sandwich with a cold one or a combination of all those. I felt like I had not enough energy and warred about getting worst, so I took an easy pavement back to my car. No drama here, just playing safe :)

We shopped for a new car all Sunday and at the end of the day I felt more exhousted than from Saturday ride. But, we nailed it baby!!! Brand new VW 2.0 Turbo Passat loaded wagon, this car is a BMW for half the prize. B) We drove all japanese, BORING :) , same cars as they were 10 years ago. Go european.

The End

papa

So! You admit that you have been too busy having fun with your new car to get on-line :P:)B)

And I noticed that your jacket was KTM orange in that photo at the slide...sneaky, sneaky :) you were planning secretly to get a KTM all along!