I bought a new 2012 KTM 500 and need to get some dirt miles on it to break it in before doing the baja trip in may. I was thinking either pine valley to corral or lark canyon but I am open to other possibilities. But like I said, its a "break in" run not a "break it" run so it will be fairly easy and not at full speed yet. If anyone wants to join and/or has suggestions as to where to ride post it up.

Congratulations on a beautiful bike................

I bought a new 2012 KTM 500 and need to get some dirt miles on it to break it in

I bought a new 2012 KTM 500 and need to get some dirt miles on it to break it in before doing the baja trip in may. I was thinking either pine valley to corral or lark canyon but I am open to other possibilities. But like I said, its a "break in" run not a "break it" run so it will be fairly easy and not at full speed yet. If anyone wants to join and/or has suggestions as to where to ride post it up.

Hey, congrats on that new KTM. I was just reading about how sweet that ride is supposed to be. I was planning on riding somewhere this Sunday, could easily make it to any of those areas down that way. I've actually never ridden at any of them and would love to check it out.

I am interested.will you be riding from your house? I can truck my bike to the starting point if I need to.I want to see your new bike.sounds like A bike I might be interested in.how tall is the seat? I am not tall.

I'm leaning to Lark/McCains at about 8am. Its been a while since i've been there and the trails are a little tighter so I don't have to fight off the urge to go full throttle as much as if I was riding down bear valley road and around corral canyon. I'll be trucking my bike there. :coolio: As for seat hight I beleive it is fairly standard but I'm a bigger guy 6'4" Hence the name Tree.

Cool. It looks like I may move it out about a half hour to 8:30 start time. I thinking of riding until 12:30 pm then heading home maybe stopping at Pine Valley to grab some lunch. I plan to be home by 3pm to get ready to head downtown. I'm going to 4th and B to check out Y&T . Javi is planning on riding up with me and if CVRick and Ruggle make it that is five so far. Meeting at the big tree.:coolio:

I may be working late on sat.I will let you know if I will be heading out.

I am interested.will you be riding from your house? I can truck my bike to the starting point if I need to.I want to see your new bike.sounds like A bike I might be interested in.how tall is the seat? I am not tall.

I will not be there. too much work on fri night and sat. have fun on the new bike.