Hi all,

meet Saturday 06/09/07, 8:30 AM at Banner on 78, leave by 9:00 AM. We'll ride oraflame, squeeze, dropoff, fish creek, diablo. Some technical sections, sand and more sand. Must be at least intermediate skill level rider.

See you there :)

papa :ph34r:

I'm ready for these trails one more time before it gets too hot, but I'm a Sunday driver... you guys have fun!

When I attain intermediate level, I'd love to tag along...looking forward (in an apprehensive sort of way) to the drop off...

See you on the mountain. Look forward to cruizing the sand. Is there parking across the street from the store? :ph34r: Ken

There is some flat dirt across the road, but I do not know if it's legal to park there. Also, we can have an hour earlier start (leaving by 8:00 AM) to beat the heat.

Alex, 858-414-7874.

Hmmm, temps in the 90s and the dropoff which I haven't seen in about 18 years. I don't think that tomorrow is the day for me to become re-aquainted with it :ph34r: But i have the rest of the evening to think about it, so I will (think about it)

There is some flat dirt across the road, but I do not know if it's legal to park there. Also, we can have an hour earlier start (leaving by 8:00 AM) to beat the heat.

Alex, 858-414-7874.

You make the call I will meet you at what ever time you post. :ph34r: Ken

You can't park across the street from the Banner store, someone built a house there.

You should just ask the people in the store if you can park in the parking lot for the day. If not, once we parked down the road (east) on a large shoulder area on the left, just past the store.

You all have fun !! Bring plenty of water, and more water. :ph34r:

This sounds like alot of fun, and also challenging . . . Does this route go through Split Mountain ? I just might be there depending on what goes on tonight. I think starting earlier is a good call because it will definately get hot out there. Also, for sure bring plenty of water and more water or gatoraid. :P Don't wait for me, because if I'm not on time, in time or ahead of time -> that means I'll see ya'll next time. :ph34r:

7:30 or 8:30 @ Banner Store ?

Here's one of PAPA on top of THE DROP ! ! !

You can see the line most of us took that day pretty clearly,

shown by the fresh top to bottom skid marks down the right side-->

sdar12-206ride031.jpg

(Photo ©stevensyanora) :)

The route I mapped out on the gps is about 75 miles, the drop being the most technical of it. If it does not feel too hot and everyone is doing good we can make it longer. Going up diablo dropoff shouldn't be bad, Alex did it on his DR650. The rest is just lots :) and lots :P of sand.

This is the main reason for this trip, to see how Alex's new KTM likes the sand. Its supposed to be close to 95 degrees so if we keep moving the heat should not be too bad and there is always shade to be found in the canyons. I am taking 3 liters of water and 2 of gatoraide.

I don't plan on sweating near as much as I did up at Arrowhead a couple of weeks ago, I drank 5 liters in 50 miles and wished I had more :ph34r::):P . I plan on being at the Banner store at 7:30, hope to see some of you there :P . Ken

All,

Lets meet at 7:30 AM and leave by 8:00 AM, sorry for late change, but it seems that everybody is fine with that.

see you there

papa

:D Holy Cow! That photo of the drop shows it being more than twice as wide as it was in 1990!

I have to work on Sunday and I'm pooped from work tonight, so I don't think I will see you all in the morning as well as not seeing the guys on the Sunday ride :D

You can see the line most of us took that day pretty clearly,

shown by the fresh top to bottom skid marks down the right side-->

Oof. Looks a tad evil. I envision myself tucking the front about ten feet into it and then sliding down the rest of the hill head-first with my bike surfing on top of me. How's that for positive thinking!

Zina