XTSTEVE

Corral Canyon Ride Sunday 6/10/2007

Hi Guys,

Anyone up for a Corral Canyon Ride Sunday 6/10/2007? Remember it's Father's Day. I have not been there before and am riding my KTM 525 exc :D for the first time, go easy on me, HA HA!

XTSTEVE

Hi Guys,

Anyone up for a Corral Canyon Ride Sunday 6/10/2007? Remember it's Father's Day. I have not been there before and am riding my KTM 525 exc :D for the first time, go easy on me, HA HA!

XTSTEVE

Steve,

NEXT Sunday is Father's Day. :D This Sunday I may be able to make it though, it looks like my planned ride may be falling through so I'll keep in touch.

How difficult is Corral Canyon?

Hi Guys,

XTSTEVE

Hey XTSteve, Corral Canyon is a great place and has different level trails around. Prior to the fire, you could take the whole loop around the Mountain, and that was lots of fun! I think Corral is only open half the park at this time. But it is still fun.. I was there last Sunday! I have not decided what I want to do this weekend, but I'll let you know if I join you.. I know what you mean about "take it easy on me :D ." When I first got my new BMW G650Xchallenge in February (still has the 50/50 tires), I wanted to get used to it, and did not want to take it on tough trails, as I did not want to fall and scratch it.. :D Besides it's very tall for me... I went on a ride around Otay area with other beemer guys and I was able to come out of that ride scratch free.. :D But then during a ride through Oriflame going down to other other end where S2 is, even though it's rocky, I made it fine until suddenly I went violently down toward my right, after my back tire skidded on the sandy part... and Oh, well, I made my first really ugly scratch on the white BMW beautifully painted (it's painted plastic) fron fender and side... auch.. that hurt.. :D but, well, now my bike is more fun because it's a real dirt bike..with scratches and all... :D O.K, I'm not telling the truth here, I still hate that ugly scratch (I want to buy the paint and fix it), and if I go to the difficult trails at Corral this sunday with you, I'll make sure I take my old mighty husqvarna TE450... besides having many scratches in its plastics, it has the 90/10 tires, and it's lighter and much better for the tough trails... but your new KTM should be perfect for all the trails in Corral Canyon (it's is very dirt oriented, has the 90/10 off-road tires, and has plastics they can be replaced), so just have lots and lots of fun over there!! :D:D:D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Can I ride a green sticker only bike. My wifes 150 needs to be riden. :D

Can I ride a green sticker only bike. My wifes 150 needs to be riden. :)

Yes, Corral Canyon is an OHV park for green sticker motorcycles... It is fun and has some challenging parts.... maybe I'll take my wife's KLR110... the only thing is that if you park your car in the park you need a forest adventure pass ($5.00 a day or $30.00 for one year). :ph34r:

Hi Guys,

Anyone up for a Corral Canyon Ride Sunday 6/10/2007? Remember it's Father's Day. I have not been there before and am riding my KTM 525 exc :ph34r: for the first time, go easy on me, HA HA!

XTSTEVE

Steve,

NEXT Sunday is Father's Day. :) This Sunday I may be able to make it though, it looks like my planned ride may be falling through so I'll keep in touch.

How difficult is Corral Canyon?

Hi, I have never been there but am planning on taking the easy trails most of the time to get use to the new bike.

XTSTEVE

Hey Steve... I just like to joke a lot on this site :ph34r: ... I'm going to try to make it, but I had planned to take some people out on my boat (if the weather was good).. but maybe I can go to corral in the a.m. Corral had a long section of fire roads that looped around.. Most of the fire road was easy, with exception of going up the mountain.. Corral Canyon has two camps.. On Sunday I was at the Corral Canyon Camp, and the fire road on the side of the camp was closed. I think that fire road is open from the other side (bob cat meadows), but not sure how far it goes. Then there's a lot of single tracks mark with different levels (novice is green, intermediate blue, and advanced is black). The only problem is that sometimes tracks cross between each other and you end up getting in the wrong one. But you can always get back. Regardless, I always enjoy Corral Canyon since there are roads all over, and it's just fun getting there. There's a paved road that goes up to Los Pinos Mountain (fire observation tower). At what time are you planning to be there?

Then there's a lot of single tracks mark with different levels (novice is green, intermediate blue, and advanced is black). The only problem is that sometimes tracks cross between each other and you end up getting in the wrong one.

That happened to me last Monday. After I dropped off my truck at the mechanic's in El Cajon, I decided to make a big loop through Pine Valley, Corral Canyon, Campo, then back home. I rode around in circles in Bear Valley and Corral Canyon for 30 miles until I ended up at a paved road by four corners. I had planned on taking only easy trails, but I think some of the trails I ended up on were not the easy ones I'd planned on.

It was a fun ride, but it wasn't the one I'd planned on. There's lots of trails around there, but it's easy to get on one you hadn't meant to get on.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Yes, Corral Canyon is an OHV park for green sticker motorcycles... It is fun and has some challenging parts.... maybe I'll take my wife's KLR110... the only thing is that if you park your car in the park you need a forest adventure pass ($5.00 a day or $30.00 for one year). :ph34r:

Where do I buy the pass, I think I might go there tommarow.

You can buy a 5 dollar day pass or a 30 dollar yearly pass at any ranger station and most sporting goods stores like Big 5, Sports Authority or Turners Outdoorsman

Hi Guys,

Anyone up for a Corral Canyon Ride Sunday 6/10/2007? Remember it's Father's Day. I have not been there before and am riding my KTM 525 exc :ph34r: for the first time, go easy on me, HA HA!

XTSTEVE

Early Sunday would work for me. I have to be to work in the afternoon. I am familiar with all of the open trails at Corral Canyon.

Tom

The closest place there to get the pass is the gas station in Pine Valley, get off the 8 freeway at Pine Valley exit and go down the hill to the stop sign.

There are a few easy trails and plenty of technical ones at Corral canyon, although at least half of the trail system is still closed from wildfire damage. If you want a fun easy one, try the spur meadow trail that connects from Corral Canyon campground up to the fire road just west of the fire lookout tower, then you can take the fire road back to 4 corners and try some of the other trails. The area also connects to Pine Valley via Kernan trail, but that trail can be some work since it is somewhat rocky and steep in places. I want to ride this weekend, but plans are still up in the air. Might see you guys out there.

The closest place there to get the pass is the gas station in Pine Valley, get off the 8 freeway at Pine Valley exit and go down the hill to the stop sign.

Any sporting goods store as well. Got my 12 mo. pass ($30) & an extra one for only $5 at Big 5.

ALERT, ALERT!!!!!!!!!

Ride cancelled!!!!!!!Ride cancelled!!!!!!!Ride cancelled!!!!!!!Ride cancelled!!!!!!!

I was a "bonehead" and forgot that my wedding aniversary was Sunday 6-10-07. Luckily my daughter spilled the beans in a vioce mail congratulating us. My wife never said a word and helped me get ready for Sunday's ride. How did I ever get so lucky???????????????????

Sorry guys. Til next time. :D

XTSTEVE

ALERT, ALERT!!!!!!!!!

My wife never said a word and helped me get ready for Sunday's ride. How did I ever get so lucky???????????????????

XTSTEVE

Hey Steve, you're lucky you're daughter reminded you....don't want to hear of another divorce :D:D

Your wife was probably thinking...."is he serious, going riding on our anniversary" ? :D:(:)

And Happy Anniversary...it's my birthday also.