i'm john, johnnyg to my friends. i'm relatively new to powered offroad riding, though i've been mtbing for many years. had a streetbike some years ago, an fj1200, and spent a lot of time on the roads throughout sd. i've always loved exploring, be it cycling new england's country lanes (i'm from ma), or bushwhacking ridgelines in the colorado mountains, i get giddy with anticipation wondering "what's over that next hill?". i got my ktm 640adv about a year ago, and have been trying to increase my time spent in dirt. i live in encinitas and usually slab it out ramona/santa ysabel/julian area -- my brother lives in julian and works at the candied apple there. stop in and try a crackaroon - you won't regret it! more recently, grapevine/culp/jasper and rodriguez/oriflamme. i'm signed up for the may ride/camp, as the first one was fun -- at least the parts i rode with them. i stumbled onto that ride at the hideout, and joined blake and scott's group till they headed to camp and i headed home (thanks, guys!). my work schedule is sun-wed, and so i can ride all day thur and/or fri, unless there's surf, in which case i ride after.

keep the rubber side down,

johnnyg

You have already camped, I have never done that from my bike. Welcome, and it sounds like you are off to a good start. Enjoy your KTM, cool bike.

You have already camped, I have never done that from my bike. Welcome, and it sounds like you are off to a good start. Enjoy your KTM, cool bike.

i haven't camped off the bike yet, but i'm putting an overnighter together soon.

Welcome! The MB's here say it helped their dirt skills on a motorcycle too, so hopefully that holds true for you too. Trying to make the camp trip so hopefully meet you then.

i'm john, johnnyg to my friends. i'm relatively new to powered offroad riding, though i've been mtbing for many years. had a streetbike some years ago, an fj1200, and spent a lot of time on the roads throughout sd. i've always loved exploring, be it cycling new england's country lanes (i'm from ma), or bushwhacking ridgelines in the colorado mountains, i get giddy with anticipation wondering "what's over that next hill?". i got my ktm 640adv about a year ago, and have been trying to increase my time spent in dirt. i live in encinitas and usually slab it out ramona/santa ysabel/julian area -- my brother lives in julian and works at the candied apple there. stop in and try a crackaroon - you won't regret it! more recently, grapevine/culp/jasper and rodriguez/oriflamme. i'm signed up for the may ride/camp, as the first one was fun -- at least the parts i rode with them. i stumbled onto that ride at the hideout, and joined blake and scott's group till they headed to camp and i headed home (thanks, guys!). my work schedule is sun-wed, and so i can ride all day thur and/or fri, unless there's surf, in which case i ride after.

keep the rubber side down,

johnnyg

See you in May i didn't know we picked up someone at the hide out. Thats awesome!! I know we picked up a 1150GS at the Santa Ysabel gas station and hes riding the May ride as well. So that's two picked we met along the way that are joining us for the next ride. How awesome is that?

See you in May i didn't know we picked up someone at the hide out. Thats awesome!! I know we picked up a 1150GS at the Santa Ysabel gas station and hes riding the May ride as well. So that's two picked we met along the way that are joining us for the next ride. How awesome is that?

Must be the website ;)

xc rider (craig, if i remember correctly?), we met briefly at the hideout, on the "porch" -- then your son came out and asked for $$ and you went inside.