X-country-Rider

Big Bike ride and camping trip May 5th and 6th

What if we flip the ride so that we start in Idylwild and end at Butterfield. If Butterfield is full, we can always rough it in Blair Valley or Ocotillo Wells.

Maybe check with Butterfield and see if that spot is open again and then go from there. Group spot is going to be far better than individual sites. 1 fire for people to mill around and chat is the way to go.

Maybe check with Butterfield and see if that spot is open again and then go from there. Group spot is going to be far better than individual sites. 1 fire for people to mill around and chat is the way to go.

The advantage of camping on the south end is that there are two decent non-controlled camping areas nearby. Ocotillo Wells even has vault toilets and picnic tables.

On the last trip, weren't there a few people that didn't camp and stayed in cabins?

Called back today and did not receive return call from the head dude in charge (John) about the group site at Hurkey. Will try again tomorrow as this is probably still the best bet?

Called back today and did not receive return call from the head dude in charge (John) about the group site at Hurkey. Will try again tomorrow as this is probably still the best bet?

I'm headed to Idyllwild on Saturday maybe i can take pictures of Thomas Mountain Camp ground.

I'm headed to Idyllwild on Saturday maybe i can take pictures of Thomas Mountain Camp ground.

What's your itinerary for Idyllwild tomorrow?

What's your itinerary for Idyllwild tomorrow?

Its a family trip in the truck. Headed up around noon from Pine Valley.

Have fun up there!

Camp site problem solved, Our scout (Craig) checked out the 1000 trails camp site in idyllwild and it looks great. Should run about 7 bucks a head. Please contact Strega if your attending and let him know if you are 1000 trails member and we also need your full name. The route should remain pretty much the same But we will be riding down bee canyon instead of up it.

Camp site problem solved, Our scout (Craig) checked out the 1000 trails camp site in idyllwild and it looks great. Should run about 7 bucks a head. Please contact Strega if your attending and let him know if you are 1000 trails member and we also need your full name. The route should remain pretty much the same But we will be riding down bee canyon instead of up it.

So i did a family trip yesterday and visited the Ranger Station and they didn't have any options really they mentioned Pinyon Flats but is first come first serve and thats sort of a gamble. I'm a 1000 trails member and wanted to check out the campground for an up coming family camping trip in June. I talked to the head host and he said that we can all camp there in an area together. They have a swimming pool with a hot tub. A lodge with TV and games like pool, air hockey, ping pong ect. It very scenic with lots of trees its actually above Idyllwild at 6000 ft. We just need a list of names of everyone attending and which ones are 1000 Trails Members.

579096_10150753465744520_693814519_9359915_1559289503_n.jpg

Ok route updated On dualsportmaps.com. I number the tracks. Biggest change is we'll be headed down San Jacinto Truck Trail/Bee Canyon instead up in on the morning of the 6th on Sunday Morning and of course we'll be going the opposite way on Rouse Hill rd. Please review the route and post comments.

Ok route updated On dualsportmaps.com. I number the tracks. Biggest change is we'll be headed down San Jacinto Truck Trail/Bee Canyon instead up in on the morning of the 6th on Sunday Morning and of course we'll be going the opposite way on Rouse Hill rd. Please review the route and post comments.

I'm not sure about the stretch of Apple Canyon Rd. to Bonita Vista Rd. to May Valley Rd. There may be locked gates. See San Jacinto Mountains motor vehicle map here:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5202572.pdf

It shows May Valley Rd. stopping. I have not been down May Valley Rd. for 30 years. Once rode a horse down it. Maybe the Ranger station would know.

idyllwild gates.htm

I'm not sure about the stretch of Apple Canyon Rd. to Bonita Vista Rd. to May Valley Rd. There may be locked gates. See San Jacinto Mountains motor vehicle map here:

http://www.fs.usda.g...prdb5202572.pdf

It shows May Valley Rd. stopping. I have not been down May Valley Rd. for 30 years. Once rode a horse down it. Maybe the Ranger station would know.

I didn't even notice that section. Locked gates FOR SURE.

post-13992-096125500 1335245675_thumb.jp

Yes, I can confirm those locked gates, we tried to get through there recently but no luck. private ranch.

Yes, I can confirm those locked gates, we tried to get through there recently but no luck. private ranch.

Fixed thanks for feedback everyone!!!

Fixed thanks for feedback everyone!!!

We got our confirmation today!!

logo_reservation_confirmation.gif

We'll be in the 100 section the first right in the park near the fishing pond. Not far from the lodge and the store.

1000+trails.jpg

ah. Right where they can keep an eye on the hooligan biker gang. :angry2:

nah. I'd keep us close too!!! :heh:

nah. I'd keep us close too!!! :heh:

It makes since where they put us that way we are riding 50 bikes through the park. Also it gives us and area all to ourselves away from the family campers.

Gonna be interesting to see 50 tents and bikes on this one :)