From the man himself:

"Quinn Cody: I must say I'm pretty excited to start with my new team"

426250_370678759628633_100000595362501_1344533_788352250_n.jpg

Did Kendall officially leave JCR? If he did, and Quinn did, whose left and why is everyone bailing from the recently dominant JCR/Honda team? Funny that JCR still has him listed as a member of the team. Bad PR.

And Quinn still has JCR on his webpage. :blink:

KTM's release.

Going to make it interesting to say the least, Quinn Cody has exeperience that he can share with his new KTM team mates that take years to learn by mistakes. Always going to be tough to compete with the top honda and kawasaki teams, will be interesting to see how the locals support their hero (Ramirez) team with fun obstacles, if they can get out front early then local support could be huge.

Irrespective it's great for the sport, would be nice to see Yamaha, Suzuki, Husky mount a serious attempt at these races.

I am glad to hear this. KTM is making a push for the off-road shot. But do not kid yourself Honda will have a young one read to fill his spot, they do not want to give up the Number 1 plate. I would only think that Husky will have a team riding a 610 in next years event, they have been making a push for that last 5 to 6 six years at the sport to try and regain the title like they had in the 70s and early 80s. I know ,I used to race a 360 Husky at Carlsbad GP, in the 70s every one had a Husky or a Maco, or CZ

Well, JCR took him off their webpage overnight and added Timmy Weigand....might have been a surprise (to them) defection. You just gotta think there is something wrong at JCR.

KTM riders David Pearson and Quinn Cody took the KTM 690 Baja through another tough test at the weekend to finish third in the Vegas to Reno desert race billed as “The longest offroad race in the United States”

The result was another step in the quest to test out the bike in the toughest race conditions ahead of the legendary Baja 1000, and a result that KTM’s rally team boss Hans Trunkenpolz described as a satisfying.

“At KTM it is difficult to describe a third place as a success, but this time it is justified,” Trunkenpolz said. After all, the winning team is a 10-time winner for the Baja 1000 and the second team won the Baja 500 earlier this year.

The race, which this year attracted more than 300 motorcycles, quads and rally car, started near Vas Vegas and finished in Carson City after 565 miles (920 km) of tough desert riding. For the KTM team, the race was tinged with sadness. It was planned for two teams to start but as Chris Blais sustained spinal injuries in the pre-run, only one team was present at the start. Chris’s prospective partner Cyril Despres attended as observer and team assistant.

With temperatures in the mid 30 degrees Celsius, it was David Pearson who launched the latest competition test for the 690 Baja. Changeovers were made at pits 2,8,11 and 14 with Quinn Cody finally finishing the race. The team was particularly encouraged that they were able to hold their own with the top teams, including taking the lead in the early part of the race. Even if it became clear that the multi-winning Honda 1 team was going to triumph, the KTM riders had a good chance of coming in second right up to the final stage. They eventually lost the edge through an unplanned front wheel change at Pit 14, but still finished in third place overall by a very narrow margin. After 920 km through the toughest desert conditions, they were just 50 seconds behind the second place getter. “With this result,” said Trunkenpolz, “we cannot be dissatisfied.”

Results

1. Team Honda 1: Kendall Normal/Johnny Campbell – 9:24:02

2. Team Honda 2: Steve Hengeveld/Robby Bell – 9:29.15

3. Team KTM: David Pearson/Quinn Cody – 9:30.12

4. Team Dodson: Zack Dodson/Luke Dodson – 10:24.56

5. Team Eddy: Max Eddy/Matt Eddy 10:25:49

You may also like -

Baja 1000 2007 reveals first podium finish for KTM’s 690 Baja

KTM Riders Prominent at MX of Nations in 2008

KTM ready for Dakar 2008

National Hare & Hound Series – 3rd round El Centro, CA

David Casteu Triumphs in Pharaons Rally 2008

So has he been at KTM before?

My take on the Husky factor in offroad racing, the 125 2 stroke and 250/310 X-Lite platform (pretty much all the same newer series chassis) is the only viable full top tier* competition machine.

I think that the 2012 season Husky supported efforts show this, 6 riders in wec 3 E1 3 E2 all on x-lites, MXGP team 3 riders MX2 all on 250 X-lites, US racing GNCC and Nat Enduro 2 riders both on X-lites 250/310, mostly unrelated to anything here but in the EMX feeder series the CR125 is a title condender and in the euro junior enduro series the WR125 is a title condender.

The little x-lite machines will never be Nat H&H, Baja, etc (they are no way near designed for that type of racing) any competition for the 450s in alot of series, the 610 and 449/511 series machines are really just do all DS machines, the 449/511 was being stretched hard outside its engineered design envelope here by the ZipTy team at the Nat level Dez races (their 2011 former rider just finished 4th OA on his new ride KXF450 best yet finish for him) and the CH racing WEC team has dropped out of the E3 class with the 511.

So no top tier racing on the big bores, OK well in rally as for the Husky speedbrain rally bikes,,,,they are reworked/reengineered BMW G450Xs, they dont even use the Husky re-design chassis, they just are rebadged as huskys.

The assault on racing in the US is a back to the Husky roots exercise with the FAR team running the Nat enduro series and GNCC this is where the brand stands the best chance of resurgence with the machinery available at the moment. I am sure there are things in the works like any OEM with the usual 2 year ahead prototype/R&D efforts in the bigger 4 stroke comp range and new innovations in the 2 stroke line as well.

Top Tier* this is Nat// international level comp, not local where a good rider can win on anything.