post-122-1180456736_thumb.jpgpost-122-1180456783_thumb.jpgpost-122-1180456811_thumb.jpgpost-122-1180456830_thumb.jpgpost-122-1180456874_thumb.jpgpost-122-1180456926_thumb.jpg

Here's some pictures... story to follow... I keep getting time outs trying to post and write at the same time

more pictures

post-122-1180456985_thumb.jpg

post-122-1180457016_thumb.jpg

post-122-1180457277_thumb.jpg

post-122-1180457314_thumb.jpg

post-122-1180457338_thumb.jpg

post-122-1180457373_thumb.jpg

Twister Pyro'd out from Jamul, I Pyro'd out from Alpine and Pyro'd Pyro'd out from OB... we meet at the base of Viejas Grade where the dirt starts... flattracked up to 79, and met the Prez at Pine Valley...

Then up Bear Valley on a semi fast pace...Up Kearnan after someone went down in the exact same spot Troutte went down last time I was out there... (it was twister)... After drawing straws to determine who got to run point up to Four Corners, I won... or lost... no head-ons, so I guess I won...

Moto up to the tower, but we had all seen it, so we buzzed Spur Meadow... somebody went down at the exact spot where my son biffed it last time... (it was twister)...

Then we did Bronco Peak... as Randy pointed out, it is easier than in past years, but you still need to pay attention... which means... don't put you bike on the sidestand while waiting for some jeeps... Carnage number one... broken clutch perch... So I get to do the rest of this trail with no clutch...

That section is the rocky section you see above...

After I totally looped the clutchless bike, I did carnage number 2... busted tail light and scraped arm

limped back home on the street, after eating at Major's Diner... where we all ate what real men eat... MEAT!

post-122-1180458942_thumb.jpg

post-122-1180458975_thumb.jpg

post-122-1180459008_thumb.jpg

met the Prez at Pine Valley...
The Prez is back in action! ... with a vengeance! Two rides over the weekend - & we talked Saturday about some "organized" stuff too. :blink:

someone went down in the exact same spot Troutte went down last time I was out there... (it was twister)...

somebody went down at the exact spot where my son biffed it last time... (it was twister)...

Ok,Ok, Ill admit it! I was the sloppiest rider out of the four this weekend. I had absolutely no rhythm what so ever. Im just glad I could get the bike back up faster than you could get the camera out. :blink: And just for the record, when you guys pulled me back out of the bushes, I saved it! at least I was propped up by the branches. ;) My second real OFF was coming down Bronco. The front wheel got cocked in the rocks hidden under the silt. Pitched me over the bars, and I rolled another 12 feet or so before having to scrabble back up to right the bike. I think I am getting to old for this stuff? :blink: well maybe not. :o By the way bronco trail spits you out at a hand pump well. Does anybody know if I need antibiotics today? It smelled good, looked clear, and tasted great.

I was the only one not to eat a chunk of meat for lunch. Guess that was a subtle way of calling me less of a man? :lol: What ever it's worth, I made up for it at dinner time, Prime rib baby! :D:D:P

Thanks for letting me tag along guys. I really enjoyed it. It also made me realize Ive got to get back into some sort of riding shape!!! Im really feeling it today. :lol:

By the way bronco trail spits you out at a hand pump well. Does anybody know if I need antibiotics today? It smelled good, looked clear, and tasted great.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. That water from the pump is tested weekly (according to Norm in the tower), it's safe to drink.

This 'Semi-Fun' ride was a blast ! It was cool to ride with you finally Randy, and always a pleasure to kick up some dust with Bikeslut and MetalTwister. Two great rides in one weekend for me and Twister. Nice ! I'm pretty sore today too, so don't feel bad broham. I got a little more than I bargained for on this one. The road down Bronco Peak was Semi-Challenging, and that's why I semi-dumped it after hesitating too long on a crucial steep rocky slider manuver. With some much needed help from the Prez, we were able to get my bike back on two wheels without any further damage to my back. Thank you Mr. President ! Here's a few photos:

twista_slut.jpg

Metal Twister and Bikeslut before they got all dirty and brused up

kernan1.jpg

kernan2.jpg

Heading down Kernan

randy.jpg

Randy working out the game plan @ four corners

group.jpg

twista_rant.jpg

bronco_group.jpg

view.jpg

bronco_view-1.jpg

Top of Bronco

Bronco_randy.jpg

Taking a picture of Randy taking a picture of me

downhill1.jpg

downhill2.jpg

KTM_RAD showing me how it's done on the steep rocky stuff

thumbs_up.jpg

Awesome day guys ! Thanks to all, and thank you Bikeslut for posting this one.

Until next time,

RIDE ON AMIGOS !

Here's my version.........

I met Pyro, Metal Twister and Bikeslut at the Pine Valley Cul De Sac....only met Pyro once before, but had never ridden with any of them. I like Twister's dark green KTM 640 LC4 (6 Days Enduro Edition)...have never seen one in that color.

157650154-M.jpg

Bob (Twister), Troy (Pyro) and....yep, another Bob (Slut) on top of Bronco Peak

157650169-M.jpg

Pyro takin' a pic of me takin' a pic

157650182-M.jpg

Good views from Bronco Peak.....across the valley, the road going up to the Fire Lookout and the Corral Canyon Loop Trail

157650190-M.jpg

Looking west towards the ocean....and the marine layer

157650227-M.jpg

157650219-M.jpg

Pyro and Bikeslut coming down one rocky, loose downhill on Bronco Peak

157650248-M.jpg

157650263-M.jpg

The boyz coming down another rocky section in formation....

157650277-M.jpg

157650292-M.jpg

Troy picks his way through some more......Ummmm, Boulders...yeah, that's it !! :lol:

157650307-M.jpg

Metal Twister

157650319-M.jpg

I thought Twister's nickname might've been from doing damage to his bikes ;):blink: ....but nope, his business is Metal Twisting.

Hey BikeSlut, you gettin' a little off the line there ? :D

157650336-M.jpg

Can we have some more rocks please.....

157650353-M.jpg

Of course we can :D I love rocks !!

157650375-M.jpg

157650396-M.jpg

After BikeSlut fell over (not even moving, just trying to put his kickstand down) and breaking his clutch perch while waiting for the group of 5 Jeepers coming up a gnarly section, we had to pull over way to the side to let them by......

157650442-M.jpg

These were some hardcore Jeepers

157650454-M.jpg

Doggies enjoyin' the 4x4 action also

157650466-M.jpg

I was sure to inform this guy he had some scratches on his Grand Cherokee :blink: This guy actually uses his jeep for more than going to the mall and picking the kids up from school :lol:

157650486-M.jpg

The last jeep squeezes by us

157650516-M.jpg

The last section heading down before dropping into the lower Corral Campground...I went down ahead and told Pyro to wait a minute so I could set up for some action shots....Yes, I am the camera man :o

157650532-M.jpg

157650546-M.jpg

Pyro rides that KLR really well

157650551-M.jpg

He ALMOST tipped over here, I saw him straining to hold it up....I ran over and helped him straighten it out

157650566-M.jpg

Woops.......not an almost here :P

157650584-M.jpg

After a break at the water well pump in the campground, Twister and I headed up the little trail along the paved road up to 4 Corners, but one section was fenced off and the trail changed a bit, then we had to take a different section which used to be part of another difficult trail....it has a steep rockface climb...I made it up, and Twister hesitated...which was the end of that. I knew he was getting a bit tired, and I didn't know if there was any more difficult stuff ahead since I was not familiar going this way, so we turned around and met Pyro and Bikeslut at 4 Corners.

I saw a Ranger and wanted to talk about the changes to that trail, also the amount of water bars that are now on the trails at Corral. Ranger was Richard Tull, who I have heard about many times now but never met. I introduced myself and we talked for a good 20 minutes....got some really good information from him, and also some NEW updated Corral Canyon maps.

We super-mottarded down the twisty paved road back to Buckman Springs and pavement to lunch at the greasy spoon in Pine Valley. Then we parted ways and headed home.

Another great ride even though it was short, good challenging stuff, and more rocks !! ;) Nevertheless, great trails with great people !! 2 fun rides in one weekend for me.....can't beat that.

Bikeslut, Thanks for putting on this ride, making my Memorial Day Weekend a memorable one !!