chickenheart

degreaser problem

ok i accidently used degreaser on my bike now i have white spots all over the bike (on the wheels, engine, forks, bars, just everywhere) does anyone know what to use to get that off i washed down the bike with hot soapy water but is there a way to get the spot out or is it just stained now. :blink:

ok i accidently used degreaser on my bike now i have white spots all over the bike (on the wheels, engine, forks, bars, just everywhere) does anyone know what to use to get that off i washed down the bike with hot soapy water but is there a way to get the spot out or is it just stained now. :blink:

Go "ride it off" on trails, streams, etc. :lol::D;) Actually I have no idea?!?! :blink:

If it won't come off I guess we'll have to start calling you Chicken POX instead of Chicken Heart?? :o:lol::P:D

Go "ride it off" on trails, streams, etc. :lol::D;) Actually I have no idea?!?! :blink:

If it won't come off I guess we'll have to start calling you Chicken POX instead of Chicken Heart?? :o:lol::P:D

Hey Chicken Pox, I did the same thing years ago. Mine never did recover. I did tone it down abit with a liberal dose of WD-40, let it soak in a bit.

assuming it was something corrosive on something aluminum... i have had the same thing happen here at work; too many times.... the closest i have got to "fixing" it, is a rubbing compound, but then it ends up being polished, and there is still some ghost image sometimes

Been there, ruined that.

Its pretty much a done deal unless you buff the piss out of it and then maintain it constantly.....BLING BLING

I get around the problem a bit by only using Foamy Engine Brite, trying to keep it off the tires and using either an Armorall type product to redress the faded spots or Silkolene Pro Prep. Good luck!