piratemonkey

Howdy from a DRZ rider

Hi. Just resubscribed after not having visited this board in eons. I have a DRZ 400 and I'm looking to expand my horizons beyond the usual stuff off of I-8. I've already found some places I'd like to try after doing some searches on this forum.

I've been street riding for the past 17 years and got into dualsporting about 7 years ago. Even though I've been on pavement a lot longer, I think some of my best memories come from the dirt rides. Don't let the picture below fool you.

I'm hoping I can pitch in on the Corral Canyon maintenance event. I'm glad it's open to us and I'd like to help keep it open. I met Richard Tull out there recently and he seemed like a nice guy.

-Zina

post-1009-1180165270_thumb.jpg

I have a DRZ 400 and...

Don't let the picture below fool you.

The bike in the pic looks like a DR200. Or are you saying you don't really take naps in parking lots? Anyway, welcome back.

I saw your post in another thread about keeping up with the bigger bikes on pavement. I agree with Hammer that as long as you can do 60 mph, you should be fine.

The bike in the pic looks like a DR200. Or are you saying you don't really take naps in parking lots? Anyway, welcome back.

Yes, that's my dearly departed DR200. The pic was taken at the Sequoia Challenge many years back (I think Randy was at that one). My ex and I had gotten lost (despite the roll chart) and we were probably the last two riders to come in. We only got unlost because we chanced upon another lost rider. He eventually found the right trail so we followed him through an expert section that was a narrow trail along a mountainside with a sheer drop off to the right. After getting through that, we parted ways because my ex and I decided we'd rather be lost than have to go through another expert section like that.

Anyway, that was my triumphant "I survived" pose.

Zina

... we followed him through an expert section that was a narrow trail along a mountainside with a sheer drop off to the right. After getting through that, we parted ways because my ex and I decided we'd rather be lost than have to go through another expert section like that.

Anyway, that was my triumphant "I survived" pose.

Zina

Good story.

Just resubscribed after not having visited this board in eons.

When I first found this forum about a year and a half ago, there used to be about one new post per week. But now I can't even keep up with all the posts here. It seems there's usually 2 or three rides per weekend and the occasional weekday ride. Plenty to keep everyone busy.

welcome back pirate!!! just went on my first ride with this group and you came to the right place to build some memories and friendships these guys and gal are great peeps

Hi. Just resubscribed after not having visited this board in eons. I have a DRZ 400 and I'm looking to expand my horizons beyond the usual stuff off of I-8. I've already found some places I'd like to try after doing some searches on this forum.

I've been street riding for the past 17 years and got into dualsporting about 7 years ago. Even though I've been on pavement a lot longer, I think some of my best memories come from the dirt rides. Don't let the picture below fool you.

I'm hoping I can pitch in on the Corral Canyon maintenance event. I'm glad it's open to us and I'd like to help keep it open. I met Richard Tull out there recently and he seemed like a nice guy.

-Zina

Welcome Zina......remember when I tried to get you and Chris to ride Bass Lake on those DRZ's years ago?!?!..........glad you're still dualsporting.....are you still Ducati Girl too or is that in the past now?

See ya out there...

Chris

Welcome Zina......remember when I tried to get you and Chris to ride Bass Lake on those DRZ's years ago?!?!..........glad you're still dualsporting.....are you still Ducati Girl too or is that in the past now?

Man, I'm getting old. Drawing a big blank on Bass Lake, but nowadays drawing a big blank on many many things. ;)

I still have the site and I still ride Ducs. I currently have four and I'm expecting the Hypermotard 1100S in the next few months. I hope it's not too tall for me or it'll end up non-op like the MH. I commute on a Monster S2R and even though the traffic sucks to Sorrento Valley, I always enjoy the ride. Thank you, California, for letting me lane split.

Zina

Hey Zina, haven't seen you in a long time. Glad you're back here with us on the forums. As you can see, it's changed and really taken off.

Yep, I remember that Dual Dogs ride in Kernville when you and Chris got lost.

Hope to see you soon on the trails !!

Welcome back piratemonkey! :D Looks like you know quite a few of the inmates here! Can't wait to meet and ride with you ;)

It's about time you got back on here Zina.

I've been on Vacation and haven't ridden in almost a month now. Now I'm injured but I'm itchin to kick some dust again, hope you can be there.

Edit: oops sorry Zina forgot to put in my other name.

Ride on,

Jon Berges