Sign in to follow this  
X-country-Rider

A good place to get a discounted quality tent

Last night i was searching for a tent for the upcoming over nighter ride on Feb 11th and 12th. I didn't want to spend over a hundred but didn't want a cheap Walmart tent. When those polls break on those cheap walmart tents good luck finding replacements. I was open to getting a name brand tent used on ebay or something but i didn't find any deals. A couple of hours google searching and i found Eureka's outlet centers website. They have refurbished and factory flawed tents for half the price. I ordered a Eureka Timberline 2 for 60 bucks half the price of the biggest discount for the model online. Normally it goes for about 150. I haven't gotten the tent yet but when i do i'll set it up and take some pics to show the condition. The great thing about brands like Eureka is that replacement polls and such are easy to find. Plus you can get extras like vestibules and floor liners.

eurepic277009__62772_zoom.jpg

Outlet Center site

I have a good Euerka tent that I've used for years. Keep meaning to replace it with a newer, better one, but I just can't do it as it's really too good.

I needed a part and the original instructions a year or so ago. The fine folks at Eureka sent them to me, gratis.

I love my Eureka Tetragon tent I have had for 10+ years. Super quality product. I Highly recommend! Thanks for posting this link It will come in handy.

I have my old USMC Issue Eureka that has held up very well. That thing has been through hell with me in Afghanistan, Iraq, and on rides... though I think my falling on rides has been the toughest part.

Other than needing to be cleaned occasionally it is bulletproof.

sierra trading post has always been a favorite of mine to find deals on outdoor gear

if you know your prices and your patient......... really good deals pop on here

most of the items over overstocked - but be aware there might be a few blemished items in the mix

Thank you for that information. I have never bike camp before, and I am going to put together a trip in Yuma and it will be an overnighter. A tent at the price is right in line for my budget. I was thinking of doing the cowboy thing and that is sleeping under the stars. For $60 bucks I will try a tent.