firematt

Peaklife 3.5 GPS

For those of you looking for a cheaper GPS for your scooter, I got the somewhat new 3.5 All –terrain all weather Peaklife portable motorcycle GPS navigator for Christmas.

http://www.elite-ele...terrain-edition

I just ordered the North American maps through

This Company Rocks...! 52.00 For Canada, U.S. and Mexico, since the GPS only has UK maps on it.

It has an external speaker, Blue tooth capabilities, Car and motorcycle mount with hard wires and you can down load all your music on the thing too.

The GPS itself seams for the most part well built. But the handlebar mount doesn't seem like it could take too big of a hit though.

Let me know if I can answer any questions if you end up picking one up.

Ride safe,

Matt.

post-3272-035819000 1325198095_thumb.jpg

I'm interested to see how that holds up. Looking for a cheap GPS to keep on the bike.

I will defiantly keep you posted.. it seams to be made well enough. Can't beat the price..I already have it hot wired to my 990 so time will tell. Sure wish it came with maps though..

I will defiantly keep you posted.. it seams to be made well enough. Can't beat the price..I already have it hot wired to my 990 so time will tell. Sure wish it came with maps though..

Yo, Matt:

I've had a lot of luck on www.gpsunderground.com in locating maps for my Garmin GPS units (Zumo and others). Unsure if there are maps for the PeakLife, but it's worth a shot.

Danny

Tks Danny, I think I have located some..Just waiting on it to come in.. I ordered it is SD card form. Not too PC savvy with the downloads..

Update on the maps. My Micro SD card came yesterday. http://yehob.ecrater.com/p/10235152/...-q1-usa-ta-map

I was expecting a bit of trouble having to mess with the GPS to read from the SD card.. It turns out it’s a Plug n Play! I have the Garmin E Trex Legend HCx and Garmin handheld Navigator. This unit is amazingly easy to use compared to them. I will add you tube video of this product latter on today for those of you who are interested.

Matt~

Matt- will it let you upload tracks, like for the Desert Dash?

Yes it will, and it has a separate page that you can refer back to your saved tracks as well.

Went to their website- really cool stuff. Their ad copy is a whole lotta fun:

"Introducing the Anno Domini Japanese green LED watch from the year 2911, a period of peace when the world is governed by a cabal of technocrats in the form of 7 hyperintelligent teenage girls, which gives its wearer wizard class hacking skills and massive moxie by refusing to tell time as it's always been told."

Anno_Domini___Ja_4eb8ff5cacc1b.jpg