DigDug

26 May 07 - Lake Arrowhead / Big Bear

Thanks for accomodating me and our humble contingent of the ride team B) See you no later than 07:00 :P

Actually, I was looking forward to the extra 1/2 hour of sleep... ;):D

No problem at all.

On another note, Ride-Orange's PM reminded of something I wanted to mention. This shouldn't be an issue since we're all good - but Pinnacles is the ONLY staging area I've ever had a Park Service Ranger check my bikes. Make sure everyone is good with registration, spark-arrestor, sound, etc... The time we were checked it was a quick "let me see your registration", stuck a stick up my exhaust :o , and "be careful out there".

That's anothe reason I was thinking of the little crf :unsure: What originally came to mind for those trails was my KTM exc 250, but I checked the carb list and discovered that two stroke season ended up there at the end of last month. I don't want mister ranger telling me to go home after a two hour drive to get there :D

DigDug, so how much of this ride is actually difficult, technical, black diamond trails ??

If I go, and want to do more difficult trails, are there options I can take and meet back up with you guys on your trails ? If yes, anyone want to do more of the difficult trails ?

About 1/2 of the 45 mile loop is on black diamond trails. The trails ratings on the OHV map aren't broken down for types of vehicles (hard trails for a jeep, but a small motorcycle can weave around the obstacles), so you can pick the hard lines for more of a challenge.

There is one 8 mile section (Redonda Ridge :unsure: ) that is good black diamond single-track, no real bypasses on the trail, but a parallel forest road meets up so people can bypass if they want and meet at the end for the rest. I'd consider myself an intermediate rider and the trails keep me entertained, I'm sure you'll love it. The scenery can't be beat.

I would also like to do some of the harder stuff up there early while it is still cooler and I am not so tired. I am in such poor shape, after a couple of hours of riding hard, I get sloppy and can't controll my bike as well in the technical stuff. Ken

I'm easy when it comes to the plan. If we'd prefer to do the big loop first, that's fine too. We could head out and stop to eat along the way. There's a couple great places to stop along the loop that would be great for a break and a quick bite... If we still have time (and energy) and want to do an afternoon ride, we could do ride the forest roads over to Silverwood lake (still all green sticker). GREAT photo op's along that trail!!!

I'll break out the map I've got so we can all look it over and make the call then...

Thing are looking good here ... and the current plan is trucking up to the P & R with Radly Boy. My 525 is ready (more than me B) since I haven't ridden her in way too long). The clutch is on the left, correct? I really need that thing in the tight stuff to massage the MXC tall 1st gear.

Hey guys and gal. I want to thank Ride Orange for making it so easy and tempting to go with you guys. After further thought, I think I should bail on this trip. Those rocks look really big and dangerous! And I havn't had time to teach the LC4 to swim.

Besides that, I dont have anybody to give me a pass, so I tend to exploit the lack of discipline. Another words, I have to work to make up for all the playing around I have been doing lately. Enjoy and have fun. I promise to get caught up so I can play again soon. Bob

Thing are looking good here ... and the current plan is trucking up to the P & R with Radly Boy. My 525 is ready (more than me ;) since I haven't ridden her in way too long). The clutch is on the left, correct? I really need that thing in the tight stuff to massage the MXC tall 1st gear.

Great to have you along!!! We'll watch for you at the P&R. (We'll be all the ones with the bikes in the backs of our trucks - easy to find) I guess that means I'll remove the (maybe) from your carpool mate's name?

Hey guys and gal. I want to thank Ride Orange for making it so easy and tempting to go with you guys. After further thought, I think I should bail on this trip. Those rocks look really big and dangerous! And I havn't had time to teach the LC4 to swim.

Besides that, I dont have anybody to give me a pass, so I tend to exploit the lack of discipline. Another words, I have to work to make up for all the playing around I have been doing lately. Enjoy and have fun. I promise to get caught up so I can play again soon. Bob

No problem - we understand, your LC4 frame is not the metal you're wanting to twist this weekend. We'll have to take lots of pictures to make you jealous and motivate you to get ahead on your work for the next time around... B)

Were really gonna miss you Metal Twister B) Just make sure that the Mastercraft Team is ready to race, and WIN!

Looks like Tree is out too. Poor sucker has to go ocean fishing ;)

Team R-O will see you at Deer Springs in the A.M.!

Yes, Brett and I will be at the Arco at Deer Springs about 6:45am Saturday.

I'm gettin' fresh knobbies put on right now, waxing up the 640...not !! B)

Lookin' forward to a good ride !!