eddie

Riding alone... Uh Oh.

Got the from a gal I know:

Please take a moment to pray for a family friend (nephew of my aunts boyfriend.). He was found in the desert and air lifted to the hospital after having gone missing on his motorcycle sometime early this weekend.

Rider is a San Diego resident.

Every time I think, Hey, maybe I'll just wander out by myself, I see something like this.

Damn, that sucks. Hope he's OK.

I'd be interested in hearing the details as to what happened.

"The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd.

The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been."

Alan Ashley-Pitt

I wish him well.

I used to ride alone all the time. One of the reasons I searched out riding partners via the web. A couple things happened I didn't expect, I met great people who made my rides even more enjoyable, and I was turned on to unbelievably awesome riding areas!

I still ride alone, not very often, and much more conservatively.

Hope he recovers fully!

Positive thoughts and prayers go out for him...I wish him well....scary stuff...I know alot of us feel invincible at times, but a crash or breakdown can happen to anyone and go bad quickly.....I'm no expert, but err on the side of caution usually....Good Idea for those who ride alone to carry a spot device (socalhodaka here is a dealer)....and teach your family or friends how it works, so they understand it....for about $12/month, well worth it.... (and keep it on their person-not on the bike....I just had a talk with a friend who kept it in his saddle bags...when you get thrown from the bike, or the bike goes down a ravine...you are screwed! much better to keep it where you could reach it if injured)......good to ALWAYS tell someone where they are going, and ahead of time, set up a CALL OR TEXT for check in at the end of the day...No check in?....someone at least knows where to look for you....you wouldn't be alone for more than a few hours hopefully....hypothermia and exposure kill more people outdoors than injuries....or injuries LEAD to that, which ultimately can kill you , and pretty quickly....Easy enough to Adventure, but still Be Safe out there!!

Oh heck I have bike insurance and a lighter, don't they always come to check out smoke?

Opps I quess thats baiting, I would try to delete the post but it may not work.

Oh heck I have bike insurance and a lighter, don't they always come to check out smoke?

Opps I quess thats baiting, I would try to delete the post but it may not work.

Yea.....Sounds like a great idea. Ask this idiot..

Cedar Fire | San Diego Fire-Rescue Department

www.sandiego.gov/fireandems/about/cedar.shtmlIt started 25 miles east of San Diego, in the Cleveland National Forest, when a hunter became lost and lit a small fire to signal for help. It quickly ... The communites of Scripps Ranch and Tierrasanta were hardest hit by the fire. By the time ...Well, you know the story...