zracing

Picked up a new Dual Sport

Picked up a low mileage-4k-2008 WR250r dual sport. This bike is for the wife and should be the perfect dual sport tool for the job. We look forward to getting out on a few more plated runs instead of the usual 'stickered' runs. The bike currently has avon street tires but that will be changing soon. :ph34r:

post-2726-032766000 1319821916_thumb.jpg

Since it has the street tires I slapped the supermoto tires back on the xr for few runs.. :drinks:

post-2726-066252700 1319822102_thumb.jpg

Did you get that from CL? I emailed someone about a similar bike with no response. Cool bike, I am looking for the same bike for my fiance.

Did you get that from CL? I emailed someone about a similar bike with no response. Cool bike, I am looking for the same bike for my fiance.

Further evidence it's a girl's bike ? :lol::lol:

This particular one is a girl's bike but after the extensive testing and evaluation done by the guys over at CrawdadRacing I would feel more than confident taking it out myself. :good:

great video but these guys look japanese they weight 130 to 150 lbs now here in America we are big so we need power to move us a lot of power, my son is 12,5 years old he weighs 150lbs and is 5'11 tall now do you think a wr250 will be able to cary him fast when he's 16 or even 15 years old 6'3 or 6'4 180lbs I dont think so.

wr250 is a great bike but not for everyone is it a girl bike now? No it's a bike for people that weigh around 120 to 160 lbs.

great video but these guys look japanese they weight 130 to 150 lbs now here in America we are big so we need power to move us a lot of power, my son is 12,5 years old he weighs 150lbs and is 5'11 tall now do you think a wr250 will be able to cary him fast when he's 16 or even 15 years old 6'3 or 6'4 180lbs I dont think so.

wr250 is a great bike but not for everyone is is a girl bike now it's a bike for people that weigh around 120 to 160 lbs.

Huh? :huh: Do you own one? The WR250R is a heavy mule but it moves me along fine and I'm ~250lbs with gear......you just have to ride it like a 2 stroke......hit it hard/down shift often.....it's been a great dual-sport bike for me.....

wr250 is a great bike but not for everyone is is a girl bike now it's a bike for people that weigh around 120 to 160 lbs.

Huh? :huh: Do you own one? The WR250R is a heavy mule but it moves me along fine and I'm ~250lbs with gear......you just have to ride it like a 2 stroke......hit it hard/down shift often.....it's been a great dual-sport bike for me.....

Driss maybe you should bring your DRZ up to Bass Lake next year and follow Chris around on his 250 for awhile and then see what you think about the WR 250.

Covered

wr250 is a great bike but not for everyone is it a girl bike now? No. it's a bike for people that weigh around 120 to 160 lbs.

Driss maybe you should bring your DRZ up to Bass Lake next year and follow Chris around on his 250 for awhile and then see what you think about the WR 250.

Covered

I don't think you understood my point as I was not bashing the WR250 but do think it's got a small engine for a 250lbs guy, it's a great bike for a rider up to 180lbs the more heavy the person is the more skills he needs to use the power of a small bike. I just bought a KLX250s last year and sold it after putting 800 miles on it it was just too small of bike for me and I know the engine of the WR250 is more powerfull than the KLX250.

there is a bike for every job and there is rider experience I can give my DRZ to an experience rider (I know a few that have raced the Baja 1000 for many years before saying my body can't take this anymore) and I bet you no one on SDAR can catch him using the most expensive bikes with most farkles out there.

In my limited 35 years experience riding in France and here in the USA a race is always 50% machine 50% rider skills and I don't have neither right now.

I think a 250 SOUNDS like a small engine, but it does have a 6 speed.

The 250 SOUNDS as heavy as a DRZ, but everyone that has ridden one, says it feels much lighter

in short- I would have to really flog one to make a firm opinion, but very few people that have one seem to have issues. yeah- a few people sell them because it doesn't make enough power for all out runs, but I personally do so little of that anyway.

i REALLY wish the DRZ had a 6 speed; and 26,000 mile valve check intervals

Of course it's a girls bike! Leah got one last weekend with 1600 miles on it. Could NOT find one in San Diego, so found this one on the wrr forum...up in Thousand Oaks.

DSC06867.JPG

Could NOT find one in San Diego, so found this one on the wrr forum...up in Thousand Oaks.

Nice find!

A guy here at work is looking for a used WR250R if anyone spots one.....

Of course it's a girls bike!

Nice! Hard to argue it's not a girl's bike when the last couple purchases have been for girls. :ph34r: Nonetheless we should 'borrow' these girls' bikes and take them on a man run sometime?? :unsure:

Could NOT find one in San Diego, so found this one on the wrr forum...up in Thousand Oaks.

Nice find!

A guy here at work is looking for a used WR250R if anyone spots one.....

Yes, that was me. I would like to find a good bike, cheap. Dirt worthy and plated. I have had good luck off CL so far on my 525 EXC, and 450 SX-F; at least no instant grenades! :D