dsfox

Mojave Dualsport Adventure

RIDE REPORT VIDEO

Please let me know what you think! This was my first time using a GoPro and I'm editing it via PC laptop on which I don't have much experience.

Your critiques both good and constructive are appreciated!

Nice! It definitely captures the vibe of the weekend. I shot all my stuff in hirez which seemed like a good idea at the time but it has choked my computer during editing. If you're going to add music, electronic stuff always works well with motorsports vids, especially when you can still hear the engine underneath it. Well done.

Great Job Tim....I've seen alot of videos and yours is great quality, nice variety, nice pace....and shows much of the terrain...thanks!!! Want to go back up there before winter sets in too much...

Nice RR of a interesting area. Tim enjoyed the vid.

Where is this inside the park?

6210296124_fa801fb979_z.jpg

P1290059.jpg

Also, any news on the re-opening of Mitchell Caverns?

Caruthers canyon, end of road at the campsite.....I heard the caverns may NOT open again....on the state budget cut chopping block...probably because it's such an un-used area.....why we like it!!!!

Goofy Footer,

Great video with a nice overview of what is out there. Thanks for sharing.

CableJockey

Thanks CableJockey, did you move to LA? Hope you can get the DRZ on some trails up there. I'm thinking of sending the suspension on mine in soon, I remember you saying it worked wonders for your bike.

Nice! It definitely captures the vibe of the weekend. I shot all my stuff in hirez which seemed like a good idea at the time but it has choked my computer during editing. If you're going to add music, electronic stuff always works well with motorsports vids, especially when you can still hear the engine underneath it. Well done.

Electronic music seems easiest for me to obtain. I have to figure out the best volume levels for engine vs wind noise and background music. What did you shoot in? I shot in 960 and edited it on a PC laptop (I suck and am not good at windows movie maker). I really need to order a refurbished iMac soon. Check out squared5.com they have a free pre-edit and formatting program that you can use to convert to the proper codec and cut out unwanted footage.

dsfox:

It was a great time. I feel that my video was too long for most viewers. In my latest one from Otay I shortened it down to 2:05 which I think might be better. Its hard to cut out such great scenery and terrain variety in Mojave though!

Actually I've always lived in Arcadia (think Pasadena). After 13 weeks of healing from the last misadventure the knee was good enough to ride 2 weeks ago. Felt soooooo good to get out.

I had RG3 do my suspension and it was a very significant improvement. I had them lower the suspension as well. Total cost $800. Well worth the money. I suspect that it really doesn't matter who does the work as long as it's done well. Can't be that much magic to any particular valve design.

PS Next time we ride, I'll try not to fall on your bike.

Bump...

So.. when is this again??