Sign in to follow this  
kkug

Three Amigo's take on the Utah Wilds

"We figured we had about 100 years of riding experience between us, so not much could faze us on a ride".

Yeah, 45 + 45 + 10 years. All to my benefit to hang with you two. wink.gif

Nice job on the report Ken

"We figured we had about 100 years of riding experience between us, so not much could faze us on a ride".

Yeah, 45 + 45 + 10 years. All to my benefit to hang with you two. wink.gif

Nice job on the report Ken

Your way to modest Dave, you handle your 690 like it was a 125! And your camping experience is way beyond mine. It was great to get to know you on this ride.

Covered in Dust

Once you round the bend of Mt. Pennel and Mt. Ellen just south of Hanksville, you need fuel. If you take the usual route, head east to Hwy 276.

Kug on the other hand, is not looking for usual routes. We move south toward Bullfrog. Before this outing, Kug spent a good deal of time studying the track he got from Rider914. Looking for something beyond, he provided CinD and me paper routes in addition. These maps have " question marks " otherwise known as " It could go through." party.gif Who me worry?? Chris neither.

Rounding the east side of Mt. Pennel, we traveled typical Forest Service roads. Once we reached the close-up view of Cass Creek Peak the last bail out passed to our left.

If you have ever been on a road diminishing like your memory of last nights dream, you know it can be somewhat unsettling. Hardpack, lined with rocks at first then evolving to mud hills and what I call luff; soft airy almost ash-like. Passing down several "soft" downhill sections, I found myself calculating "can I return uphill" this route. The horizon was Not encouraging. Badlands, bluffs, plenty of opportunity for washouts. Thirty minutes into this unknown area, there it was, a six foot gash across the loose roadway. huh.gif I roamed up-slope with Kug. Chris, scoped out the south. This is Late in the day and here we are Exploring new and untried routes. Riding with anyone else, a guy could be concerned. Not me! CiD " claims" he is a hero, having found the way south. smile.gif OK, so he is a hero. So what! Only a 3ft gash to cross. The way south is still unknown. What are a few more washouts after the 100 behind? We found a Castle Campsite which was surprisingly occupied with Native American spirits. We kept moving, the drama passed, we camped on a cliff.

P10006472000w-L.jpg

P10006462000w-L.jpg

P10006492000w-L.jpg

P10006502000w-L.jpg

P10006572000w-L.jpg