Sign in to follow this  
TrophyHunter

Adventure maps

ADVENTURE MAPS

I was unfamiliar with these maps but had lunch today with a guy heading out on the CDT & he showed them to me. I'm not a map expert but these things have some great info on them. Mileage, camping, facilities, narratives of things to see, etc. Very well done on waterproofed paper.

Around $14 a pop but it would take you quite a while to research everything included.

Just thought I'd pass it on.

I won,t get any sleep tonight after thinking about all those routes--very cool

Thanks

I'll spend more time later, but will be interesting to research how some of these routes might be for cycling only? vs. dual sports.....i.e. big bear has many single track trails, that are for "non-motorized" vehicles....damn prejudice, if you ask me.....I do feel it important to follow the rules though, and stay where we should be......as the better face we present for dual sporting, the more chances we have for LESS closures......and less bad attitudes towards us....

Yep, That is the map used for the Continental Divide Trail.

Over to ADVrider, BigDog shares Tracks he created as opposed to the Routes offered by Adv Bicycle Assoc.

The CDT map is actually several maps from Canada to Mexico. Too many to carry on a bike. Which is funny considering they are from ABA. Good source for food and camp locations, although short on Fuel info.