kkug

Lake Hodges MTB ride

Thanks for the crew for riding with me today. Dirt Diva-Papaplex-Domrvt

We had a good time. I was taking up the back of the pack with the diva and Dom leading the way. Papaplex said he did not ride for over a year but has outstanding handling skills.

We rode all the way to the dam--tons of runners bikers--every one enjoying the day.

We have to do this again.

IMAG0137.jpg

How many miles and how much climbing did you do? Go ahead and guess if you didn't have a bicycle odometer or GPS.

If you go on a Sunday, I'm in... I need to get back in shape and Hodges is not too tough

If you go on a Sunday, I'm in... I need to get back in shape and Hodges is not too tough

My house is just north of Lake Hodges. It is about a 10 mile loop out my garage and around the Lake. Did it many times on my 30 year old Diamond Back dirt bike.

How many miles and how much climbing did you do? Go ahead and guess if you didn't have a bicycle odometer or GPS.

No odo but with Mapsource it is around 14 round trip. Seams lame but for me thats enough. Climbing ??? no ideal.

14.5 miles with not much climbing. All the hills are short. We stayed off the fire road as much as possible and hit all the single track that Hodges has to offer on the north side of the lake. An option, however, is the climb up Bernardo Peak which is an ardous 2 mile climb that is challenging for even the fittest of riders. How bout we tackle that next time :coolio: Yes it is work to go up but very fun to come down.

Thanks guys for a nice ride yesterday - it is always fun to ride with new people. FYI, we just finished our Escondido to Toro Peak (and everything in between) DS ride - 220 miles. What a great day!

Thanks guys for answering.

"Seems lame but for me thats enough."

No. Doesn't seem lame to me. Fourteen miles on a mountain bike is kind of a long way to me too.

Thanks guys for a nice ride yesterday - it is always fun to ride with new people. FYI, we just finished our Escondido to Toro Peak (and everything in between) DS ride - 220 miles. What a great day!

Good for you --Glad you got out

Wayne and I rode it today. I won't speak for Wayne, but at this point in my conditioning I am way too ashamed to ride with anyone. Still, it was fun and it's got me motivated to put at least one day a week in on the bike. That motivation will probably last until the sun next rises from the east. ;)

I'm sure you recognize this (and let the Asian driving jokes begin!):

post-1009-057915300 1309810476_thumb.jpg

Just checked the stats on the ride and over the course of the 15 miles the vertical up is 1,700 feet.

Thanks for the crew for riding with me today. Dirt Diva-Papaplex-Domrvt

We had a good time. I was taking up the back of the pack with the diva and Dom leading the way. Papaplex said he did not ride for over a year but has outstanding handling skills.

We rode all the way to the dam--tons of runners bikers--every one enjoying the day.

We have to do this again.

IMAG0137.jpg

i was coming home from the horse races the other day and what would be a little to the left and on the other side of the lake i noticed what looked like a really fun trail that kinda snaked up the hill. Anyone know anything about that trail and how to get to it?