AMA Suzuki National Adventure Riding Series

American Motorcyclist - May 2007

Page 76

=====

Calendar

The Best of May

Head Out On a New Adventure

Adventure-touring riders get own series

The AMA has launched a new riding series for adventure-touring bikes that features not only a great blend of asphalt and dirt roads, but also the chance to win a new Suzuki V-Strom.

Called the AMA Suzuki National Adventure Riding Series, this new program boasts 10 national multi-day events with routes suitable for larger dual-sport machines. And all participating riders will be entered in a year-end drawing to win a brand-new Suzuki V-Strom as well as other prizes.

“Whatever you call ‘adventure,’ we’ve got it covered in the new series,” says Joey Funtjar, AMA road-riding coordinator. “Some of the events are asphalt and dirt roads, while in others, you’d better spoon on some knobbies to tackle the sand and water crossings.”

The series kicks off with a two-day charity ride June 9-10. The Wisconsin Dual Sport Riders will host the inaugural event in Wabeno, Wisconsin, as part of its annual dual-sport ride to raise money for breast and colon cancer research at the University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center.

“We have a loop in the 250-mile range,” says John Newton of the Wisconsin Dual Sport Riders. “There’s some gravel, Forest Service roads and blacktop.

“Riders will go through four or five counties, and past county parks that have waterfalls,” he says.

You’ll find the AMA Suzuki National Adventure Riding Series ad on page 95 *. It tells you what terrain to expect in each event. (or reference online: http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/2007/NARS.asp )

For more info, contact Funtjar at (614) 856-1900, ext. 1336; or by e-mail at jfuntjar@ama-cycle.org.

=====

* Now tell me what you see on page 95!!! :)

Is this a test? It's 1130PM and I'm wanting to run to my local news stand to grab the latest issue just to see what's on page 95. :)

I don't know about page 95 but I think a November dual sport ride in New Jersey could be a little more "adventuress" than some are looking for.

...run to my local news stand to grab the latest issue just to see what's on page 95... ;)

Don't think it's a newstand rag. It's the AMA magazine... I'll post it in a few days if no one posts the answer first... <_<

... I'll post it in a few days if no one posts the answer first... <_<

Is the answer "Ride Guide to Alaska"? Is that the new adventure you're speaking of?.....are you the guy riding to Alaska in June?.....there was a link to that ride/adventure from the link you posted:

Ride Guide Alaska

Is the answer "Ride Guide to Alaska"? Is that the new adventure you're speaking of?.....are you the guy riding to Alaska in June?

You're thinking along the right track, but you're not looking at the print ad...

Here's a copy of the ad for those that don't get the AMA mag...

Posted Image

well...that terrain looks familiar

so does the sign

I know somebody else here rides a strom

I think I've seen that yellow tarp upside down on the front page of sdar

hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm...

in a race, there is only one winner...

Like Ricky Bobby says, "If you ain't first.....you're last!"

I think it's cool that even though they're giving away a new bike...

...they show an old dirty one in the ad!!

(like a real bike looks sometimz)

<_<

=====

Here's some

of the DL650 out and about in San Diego County

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot, Over!

I recognized the picture as soon as I saw it and it's not even my bike/rain gear/picture.

Does anybody else feel violated by that ad?