Hello All,

I grew up riding dual sports around campgrounds, but have been away from dirt for a very very long time.

Last month I bought a KLR650 in great condition and have been hitting the hills just north of Ramona. Black Canyon road was a gentle return to non-paved roads, Santa Ysabel Truck Trail (Forest Route 12S07) and the top of Black Mountain Truck Trail (11S04) was a nice challenge for me, and rewarded with beautiful views. Next weekend I'm looking at the trails up Palomar mountain.

So, now that I have a dual sport and familiar with how it handles, I'm looking for longer distances and greater adventures!!!

Its more fun and safer I think, to ride with others.

Roger

Roger,

Welcome to the fold. Some, like you, have taken a long vacation from the Dirt... Never-The-Less, the Rocks and the call of the Remote latched a-hold and has not let loose!

You have started on a Journey that will be rewarding, both in new horizons and new friends.

Watch the "Informal Rides" section for the action. From that you will learn areas that interest and challenge. Post up where you want to explore and someone will join your adventure. king.gif

P10407501000w-L.jpg

Welcome aboard. ;) I'm sure that you already know there are plenty of "big" bike riders on this forum board.

Welcome Roger....Palomar is a fun ride (might be snowing up there today though).....Check out bluefun2na'a write up today with Pyro...both KLR guys...see you on a ride sometime...

Welcome to the club!

I will be riding Sunday near Alpine if you want to join in!

Welcome aborad, Roger. Glad to see you're easin' into bigger bike dual sporting instead of diving head-first back into the dirt. Literally.

We look forward to seeing you ut there!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes!!!

And looking forward meeting up on the road sometime :-)

Hey Bikeslut, this Sunday around alpine sounds good.

I sent you a PM before I saw you ride a KLR :ph34r:

:lol:

My DRZ is in street trim right now, but maybe I can put some tires on by then and we can ride right from Alpine, or we can meet in Pine Valley and I'll truck my WR

(now is when some wiseacre suggests I just ride the 17 miles on the freeway on the WR :unsure: )

at any rate... the earlier the better for me; as soon as you reply to the PM, I'll post an informal ride