So the trip got paired down to a three day event. All was still good as I was able to get a few things done around the casa on the extra days off I had from work before heading to Baja. We all showed up at Tecate pretty early eager to head out. The last two to show were our northern brothers Eric (vagabundo) and a New guy Mark (riding a KLR 650). We head out about 7:15am. 10 bikes and Scott and Dennis in our chase Jeep. As soon as we hit the dirt Mike tweeks his knee after sliding his bike exiting a large water crossing. While we are waiting it is already starting to get warm so I take off my jacket and secure it on my back rack then we are off again. As we start the first climb up the hill on compadre my bike suddenly won't move. I look down and see my jacket tangled in the rear sprocket which threw my chain. We get the shreded jacket out and put the chain back on the sprocket with very little delay and we are off again. We regroup at compadre Ranch where we have decided to split from the Jeep so we can take the less traveled path to Laguna Hanson. Mike, Marc, and one more decide to stay on compadre with the jeep to meet us at Ramona's saw mill. After a great ride with a few minor get-offs by a couple of riders we all end up at the saw mill. After some minor maintenence we are off again. We ride to the end off compadre and hit mex 3 to our next gas stop in Valle Trinidad. About 6 miles out of VT my bike locks up on the highway doing 70mph. I try to ride it out as it is skidding and fish tailing around a slight curve. I figure it got down to about 20mph when it finaly went down. I only suffer a bit of road rash on my left arm and leg but was able to get myself and the bike off the road before any traffic showed up. luckily it didn't happen when I was at my top speed according to the GPS of 92.4mph. As the guys start arriving I tell them My bike is dead. I was able to shift the gears to get it in nuetral so we towed it into Valle Trinidad. Javi asked a restaurant owner if he would store it until we returned on Saturday and he said no problema. So from this point I am relegated to sitting in the back of the Jeep (no seat) between backpacks for the rest of the trip. We all get to San Felipe with a little more pavement then we had originally planned but greatful to see the sand and the ocean. On Friday we hung out by the El Cortez pool and enjoyed great comraderie. Myself, Javi, and Scott found a welder in town to make a bike mount (for $40) to attach to the Jeep to get my bike bake to the states. Even though our original design was not as sucessful as was intended, we were able to mount the bike to it and secure it (after finding and old tire to put between the bike and mount) for the trip back when we picked it up an Saturday.

Now I need to start parting out my bike so I can get a new 2012 KTM into the man cave. :coolio:

Recently having been througha similar ordeal, I feel for ya

Glad you weren't hurt worse tree-share the diagnosis when done, ok? Seized piston I assume?

Wow baja trips are never boring.Glad your ok and you did not hurt.

Misadventure riding....too bad about your bike, but at least you came out of with only minor damage. Where's your jacket now....are you sure it isn't stuck in your motor? :rolleyes:

:good: you know, thats why baja make more interesting, because always find the way to fix this type of problems, not always but most of the time, I glad tree made with manor injurys,,,

10 riders and none of you have posted pics..? What's up.. What happens in Baja stays in Baja I guess..