Great ride today! Thanks Paul for hookin it up. I like your style man. Not many breaks taken today. Just ride ride RIDE! :big_boss: It was an ambitious agenda, of which most of the goals were satisfied I think? Sorry about side tracking the plan after lunch. It sounded awesome, but I was out of juice at that point. Good to see you this morning too digdug. How's the clutch? :(

I took a few PICS=>

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

Clutch Kill Hill

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

Yep its fried :angry2:

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2399.jpg

IMG_2401.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

I think this was after I almost floated my klr. It was the greatest water crossing ever for me, except I think I had my mouth wide open because the water tasted horrible :heh:

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2420.jpg

IMG_2421.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

Local Dual-sport in Platnum HD

Ride On SDAR :thumbsup_anim:

Good to see you this morning too digdug. How's the clutch? :(

The clutch is toast! I made it about 1/3 the way home and cried uncle. (Actually, I called Strega. :lol: Thanks for the rescue, Roger)

I guess 18,000 miles of abusing that clutch finally did it in. 520 lbs of bike (plus 200 lbs of rider) and close to 100 horsepower really stresses things when they're abused(sorry for the rock shower). While waiting in the parking lot for rescue, I called an ordered the new clutch kit (entire kit, plates, discs, springs, etc). With my military discount it came out to JUST UNDER $350!!! This is an expensive hobby!

Good to see you this morning too digdug. How's the clutch? :(

JUST UNDER $350!!! This is an expensive hobby!

Call them back and tell them not to include the motor, just the clutch, thanks.

Call them back and tell them not to include the motor, just the clutch, thanks.

Yeah, I'm sure it includes all kinds of stuff I don't really need, but they said "It's the KTM clutch kit for that bike":

KTMtwins LC8 Clutch Kit

I guess that's what they go for. Although that description says it includes the cover gasket too and I ordered one in addition to the kit. I guess I'll have an extra.

Looks like I missed a great ride, but I did get out for a short ride on the coast, only to have the water pump start to leak. When i checked the oil there was coolant mixed in. So I guess it was good, not to get so far from home. However I didn't know that Strega ran the rescue wagon, what was that number again? (1800 blackisacolor)

Seems like Paul has an afinity for flowers. Nice. I do too.

I wonder what it says about people posting on a Sunday evening on a Mother's Day. My mother has been gone for years. Are we all orphans?

Don,

I would think it is obvious what it means... He has lost his glasses, which explains why he ran the bike off the trail into the flowers. Subsequently, he used his camera to try to find the bike, managing only to focus the center of the frame

I hope he finds his glasses

PS; Paul, Thanks for sharing your story

I see it's time for another photo lesson.

As previously discussed, the goal of creating images is (among other perhaps more important things) to create something that appears to be a three dimensional scene in a two dimensional medium. Via a bit of post-production magic (in the iPhone) I boosted the color and contrast of the image, and de-focused the corners of the frame to draw the eye to the horizon, specifically the valley which appears just over the handlebars.

The raw image is not bad- it's reasonably composed, and in our venue provides elements with which we all connect- the remote area, the tire, tail light/license plate setup native to dual-sport riding, and all the accoutrement. The color needs a boost because the web venue has changed our eyes to expect bursting, unrealistic colors that exaggerate the actual scene.

The corners of the frame are also slightly darkened- and old darkroom trick, to emphasize the subject material.

Here's the raw capture.

post-399-027820600 1304954628_thumb.jpg

I see it's time for another photo lesson.

As previously discussed, the goal of creating images is (among other perhaps more important things) to create something that appears to be a three dimensional scene in a two dimensional medium. Via a bit of post-production magic (in the iPhone) I boosted the color and contrast of the image, and de-focused the corners of the frame to draw the eye to the horizon, specifically the valley which appears just over the handlebars.

The raw image is not bad- it's reasonably composed, and in our venue provides elements with which we all connect- the remote area, the tire, tail light/license plate setup native to dual-sport riding, and all the accoutrement. The color needs a boost because the web venue has changed our eyes to expect bursting, unrealistic colors that exaggerate the actual scene.

The corners of the frame are also slightly darkened- and old darkroom trick, to emphasize the subject material.

Here's the raw capture.

Wow, that seems like a lot of work! I usually just take pictures of people falling down:

img3762c.jpg

Sorry...

hide_wall.gif

In that picture, I'm not falling down- I'm getting up!

Ever have that feeling you're stuck in a rut? Don't you just wish you could flap your arms like a big bird and fly away?

post-399-029464300 1304955932_thumb.jpg