carguy

New dual sport helmet with face shield

I would suggest either the Arai or Shoei. The Shoei fit me the best, very comfortable. Warm in cold weather, with lots of venting for warmer weather. It also works well with goggles.

That would make a great helmet for a HALO costume. :ph34r:

Just need to find a gold mirrored lens for MasterCheif :)

master-chief.jpg

I have a student who paints some of the ceiling tiles in my classroom. Her most recent is this:

CeilingTile_Halo.jpg

I have two of the AFX FX-37DS helmets (pearl white and silver/gray). They fit my head really well and seem to be exactly what a dual sport hlmet should be. So far. Appear to be well made and durable. The white with smoked lens resembles a Storm Trooper.

Tested them at about 85 MPH with no wind resistance...feels like I'm not even wearing a helmet.

Excellent peripheral vision and line of sight. No view blockage like some street helmets.

These run a bit small. I bought the XL where I usually wear a large. Very comfortable.

Inside stays cool but not too breezy. This is not a loud helmet; definitely on the quieter side.

Riding directly into the sun, I had to tilt my head down to fully utilize the visor.

I have the darker (smoke) and clear lenses. Both are fine with none of the visual distortion I'd read about.

Changing out lenses isn't too difficult, but requires a screwdriver and about 3 minutes.

Paid about $65 delivered via Bike Bandit and $65 (lightly used) via Craigslist. I just wanted an extra one to paint yellow to match my big yellow pig.

Tried the Shoei; nice helmet but just too expensive ($400+ new, $275 used). Was a little too tight fitting, feels like it constricts my head and cheeks.

All in all, I'd rate the AFX helmet 8.5 out of 10.