KTMrad

OHV Lobby Day in Sacramento

Technically, not a ride report, but since this was our first time at Lobby Day, Cameron and I were along for the ride...........

Attending Lobby Day was a first for Cameron and I from San Diego Adventure Riders. We flew up Monday morning and got a ride from the airport to the Capitol with a bunch of the folks from San Diego Off Road Coalition.

We attended the breakfast where we saw our D37 AMA friends Kieth, Paul, and many others. After throwing some groceries down our necks, went to the orientation meeting, had some guest speakers who gave us some insight as to our fight and that we NEED to keep doing what we're doing.....and we will get things done in small increments and with time. Daphne Greene gave a motivational speech and then it was time to break up into small groups to visit with our legislators.

We visited about 8 offices and met with either the representatives themselves, or their legislative staff. Of those, about 6 out of 8 were either OHV friendly or had at some time in their life been OHV'ers themselves. The others which were more towards the "green side" were courteous, listened to us and gave us their time.

The finale was the food and beverages at the Sutter Club, really nice place....Kieth did a great description in his write-up of Lobby Yabba Dabba Doo Days.

Here are some photos......

The State Capitol

Posted Image

Pete Conaty of CLORV during orientation in the War Room

Posted Image

Cameron Camp, Rider Rep and Webmaster for San Diego Adventure Riders, in front of the Governator's office

Posted Image

Yours truly sleeping in front of Arnold's office

Posted Image

Cameron as we "walked the halls"

Posted Image

Another view of the Capitol from the other side....

Posted Image

At the Sutter Club....Senator Dave Cox getting an award for "Off Road Legislator of the Year" from CLORV....

Posted Image

Part of the D37 Crew....L to R, Kieth, Me, Jim Woods, and Cameron

Posted Image

Dennis and Dan from D38 AMA and SDORC

Posted Image

Scott Hillier from SDORC talking with a guy from "Friends of Giant Rock"

Posted Image

Paul Flanders from D37 AMA on the right, standing with Dave Oakleaf

Posted Image

Left to Right....Vicki and her son Chris from Temecula, Daphne Greene, Me and Cameron.

Posted Image

The airport at 8:30pm in Sacramento was dead, here's the San Diego crew making a ruckus and having a good time...L to R...me, Amanda's friend, Amanda Cook, Ed Stovin, Vicki, Dennis and Scott

Posted Image

Posted Image

I had a great day at Lobby Day, met a lot of people and got to put faces with many names who I've been talking with on forums and e-mails in the past. The day was very motivational and educational from a political standpoint, and reinforced the fact we have to keep working to keep our lands open, stay informed and stay in contact with our legislators. Another thing learned was after meeting your representatives and legislators, it's important to establish an ongoing, working relationship with them, especially where they have an office in your local area. We need to help keep them informed of the issues that affect us, and our opinions and concerns about issues and various Bills. I plan on attending more of these types of functions in the future, and hopefully some others will want to get involved also !!

Here's a link to 2 other write-ups from Kieth (D37 AMA) and UncleCameron

I plan on attending more of these types of functions in the future, and hopefully some others will want to get involved also !!

My folks live in Placerville (~60 miles east of Sacra-Ghetto). I hope to be able to join you on a future trip and visit my parents as well.....thanks again for all your efforts.....it's also nice to see the membership/dialogue picking up on the site......

Just wanted to thank KTMrad and Uncle Cameron for their efforts with representing us all. I appreciate the work you guys are putting into all of the issues at hand. You guys are truly dedicated to the cause and it shows.

Keep up the outstanding leadership!

Very well done! BZ!

Aaron