Sign in to follow this  
PastaPilot

Stewards of the Sierra Trail Maint Days

I'm thinking of going to the April 9th event. I'll be taking a long weekend to do some work and then ride for a few days.

STEWARDS ANNOUNCES SPRING TRAIL APPRECIATION DATES

Working on the trails you love is not only fun but rewarding. Trail work is one of the best ways to help stop trail closure and also guarantees the Forest Service and BLM will look far more favorably at ways to work with us to keep trails open.

Stewards of the Sequoia will be hosting Trail Appreciation Days on

3/12/11 Location to be determined depending on weather and soil conditions

4/9/11 Location to be determined depending on weather and soil conditions

5/14/11 Location to be determined depending on weather and soil conditions

6/4/11 Location to be determined depending on weather and soil conditions

You can learn more at http://stewardsofthesequoia.org/events-schedule.html

$150 SHOCK SERVICE FOR $100 WHILE HELPING THE TRAILS

Trail Tricks Offers $150 suspension work for the next person to donate $100 Trail Closure Insurance Level

Trail Tricks offers 20% Off for Trail Preservation Program Donors

What a great deal. Make a tax deductible $150 Trail Preservation Program donation to Stewards of the Sequoia and earn a 20% from Trail Tricks on their great suspension.

Sounds interesting. I dont know where all this will be taking place. Was thinking about taking the quad and the kid, but it sounds like it will be an aggressive trail ride and maintenance. I will be looking into this and trying to get some more info.

We determine the project locations about one week prior to each event based on weather and ground conditions, so I will add you to the list for 4/9 and let you know about one week prior

We work almost exclusively on single track so a dirt bike is the only option. Usually Green Sticker is fine but plated is better

Thanks

Chris Horgan

Executive Director

Stewards of the Sequoia

Division of CTUC 501c3 Non Profit

A week notice is short. May just be myself and trigger! I have never ridden anywhere up there, so it would be good just for that reason.

We determine the project locations about one week prior to each event based on weather and ground conditions, so I will add you to the list for 4/9 and let you know about one week prior

We work almost exclusively on single track so a dirt bike is the only option. Usually Green Sticker is fine but plated is better

Thanks

Chris Horgan

Executive Director

Stewards of the Sequoia

Division of CTUC 501c3 Non Profit

A week notice is short. May just be myself and trigger! I have never ridden anywhere up there, so it would be good just for that reason.

Thanks for sending the email Mike. I was wondering how it worked out. 1 week notice on location is short. I'm hoping it'll be around the Lake Isabella area. I've wanted to check that area out for awhile.

I've been to a few of these things in the past and there definitly worthy. Chris is a great guy and the riding up there is amazing. In the past the events were two days with day two riding the trails we worked on along with some other stuff thrown in. Yep, there mostly up in the Isabella area.