I made a quick trip to moroworld. Got a set of Protaper bars. Here they are:

post-14541-009676600 1298783448_thumb.jp

Got the old ones off and the new ones on with out breaking anything else. I had to do a little "surgery" with the dremel to get the choke lever to go on.

And I put my sticker on!

post-14541-071108300 1298783552_thumb.jp

Its a nice feeling to customize your bike; whether bolt-ons, engine mods or custom-made bits, every add-on makes the bike feel more "like you

And kudos for not drilling a hole in the bar to accomodate the switch-gear :lol:

Its a nice feeling to customize your bike; whether bolt-ons, engine mods or custom-made bits, every add-on makes the bike feel more "like you

And kudos for not drilling a hole in the bar to accomodate the switch-gear :lol:

Yeah, the thought process there was "hmmm, drill hole or remove little plastic tab..."

FYI- Back at ya FYYFF sticker on your plate sneaky guy. " F you you F in F " FTW and DILIGAF and all that BS LOL

If you plan on alot off off-road I would recommend different mirrors. Chances are sooner or later you are going to bust one. if you are lucky it will only be the mirror. I use these, they are cheap (around $13.00), fold out of the way and I have not been able to break one yet.

post-14524-090164300 1298872169_thumb.jp

If you plan on alot off off-road I would recommend different mirrors. Chances are sooner or later you are going to bust one. if you are lucky it will only be the mirror. I use these, they are cheap (around $13.00), fold out of the way and I have not been able to break one yet.

Where did you get them?

I disagree.

The closer a bike is to completely unaltered and stock, the more reliable, faster and more attractive it will remain.

People that modify motorcycles are nothing but posers and wanna-bees.

Obviously, the jet lag and imsomnia are playing games with the head.

...or lightning will strike the PMB estate.

I disagree.

The closer a bike is to completely unaltered and stock, the more reliable, faster and more attractive it will remain.

Is that the pot calling his KTM black?

I disagree.

tumblr_l8qqog5cXa1qddqd3o1_400.jpg

B)

Paul- welcome back?

How's about you post up the very few mods you've done to your bike for the newer members

FYI- Back at ya FYYFF sticker on your plate sneaky guy. " F you you F in F " FTW and DILIGAF and all that BS LOL

Have you heard the story behind the naming of the monorail at the Wild Animal Park back when it was christened?

WGASA?

W

G

A

S

A

Yup. Story in the "Reader" weekly a few years back claimed that the engineers who designed the monorail were given the opportunity to name the system after suffering from numerous changes in design stages. The engineers reportedly chose "WGASA" and the PR department ooohed and aaahhhed over the African-sounding name. It allegedly went to press and was made official before the meaning behind the "name" was learned.

WGASA?

W

G

A

S

A

Yup. Story in the "Reader" weekly a few years back claimed that the engineers who designed the monorail were given the opportunity to name the system after suffering from numerous changes in design stages. The engineers reportedly chose "WGASA" and the PR department ooohed and aaahhhed over the African-sounding name. It allegedly went to press and was made official before the meaning behind the "name" was learned.

OK..You got my attn..Lets hear it.

I heard it was an employee suggestion- but it is still funny (if true)

Snopes says it's true...

LINK HERE

Nope, not back yet Still in Patagonia, but can't resist lobbing a m80 now and then.

I disagree.

I understand your point and agree to a degree. You have to make something yours, but the designer designed it that way for a reason. My bike will always be recognizable as a DR650.

I understand your point and agree to a degree. You have to make something yours, but the designer designed it that way for a reason. My bike will always be recognizable as a DR650.

Might need to be more clear about this- I'm being what's called ironic.

I'm fairly well-known around these parts as a mad [genius] of unbridled customization. Very little of my bike is stock and is nearly unrecognizable as the 2003 KTM 525 (the best bike in the universe) it began it's life. I'm often savagely ridiculed for my long-winded explanations of the thought process [genius] behind each mod, and my indentured servitude to the fashionable.

My comment was entirely self- deprecating, and intended to be humorous.

My comment was entirely self- deprecating, and intended to be humorous.

Which doesn't automatically qualify it as "funny as sh&t"

....ooooooh...deprecating....:ph34r: